Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2004, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Taking A Poker Vacation But Need A Place To Go. Any Suggestions?

John,

I'm planning on going to AC first, it's about a 16 hour drive and I can do that in a day. Where is a good place place to stay by foxwoods? I'd probably be in AC on Oct 29, 30, and 31 and drive up to the woods on the 1st and stay a couple of days. I'd like to play that tues night tournament that fossilman always used to play.

Any information on hotels and about the evening tournaments is appreciated.

Good Luck

Mark
Old 10-18-2004, 10:46 AM

go to foxwoods and give us a report on john cole. is he really a nerd? we are all on the edge of our seats.
when i was there i just stayed at foxwoods. its not cheap but you are right there.
make sure you go into mystic and eat breakfast at chicken little. be prepared to wait if you go late. it is a small place just as you get to town. great breakfast. plus there are two good italian restaurants in the town. one on the left as you go in, and the other around the corner from it.
the movie mystic pizza was filmed at the mystic pizza there,but the pizza sucks. might be up your alley
Old 10-18-2004, 12:49 PM

You won't have much luck playing in the Tuesday night tournament on Nov. 2. However, there will be a nice little $1000 buyin NLH event that morning at 10am. Don't forget, the World Poker Finals starts Oct. 15 through Nov. 17.

Pretty hard to get a poker rate at this point in time for those dates, as those rooms are long sold out. There are alternatives, but having lived here and never "stayed" here, I don't know which hotels are good deals and which are not.

Good luck, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 10-18-2004, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
go to foxwoods and give us a report on john cole. is he really a nerd? we are all on the edge of our seats.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course he is, but we love him anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
make sure you go into mystic and eat breakfast at chicken little. be prepared to wait if you go late. it is a small place just as you get to town. great breakfast.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're going to look this place up in Yahoo yellow pages or the like, you'll have better luck searching for Kitchen Little. At least, I know of a place with that name, but I've never seen this chicken little restaurant Ray likes so much.

[ QUOTE ]
plus there are two good italian restaurants in the town. one on the left as you go in, and the other around the corner from it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea which places Ray is referring to here. Really.

There are other good places to eat, but for the most part, you'll be coming here for the poker, or to see the colors.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 10-18-2004, 12:54 PM

Default Commerce is the best

If you are a true degenerate gambler I can't think of a better place than to be shacked up at the Commerce Crowne Plaza for about a week. Poker rate is cheap and they will call your room when a seat opens up.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:12 PM

Greektown's 10/20 game is pretty damn soft, by all accounts (I just don't have the roll for it). They also have a 20/40, which I knew very little about. There is an occasional PL Omaha game that get a ludicrous amount of action as well.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:33 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
... However, there will be a nice little $1000 buyin NLH event that morning at 10am...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like I can say that one day that a 1000$-buy in tournement is little one .

- jpp
Old 10-18-2004, 04:26 PM

Try the AmericInn in Griswold, CT about 8 miles from FW and its brand new and the rates are reasonable.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:02 PM

Ray, I agree Mystic Pizza is horrible - the best pizza in the U.S. is 1 hr south of Foxwoods in New Haven. Try Sally's or Pepe's on Wooster St. for the best coal oven baked pizza. Even New Yorkers admit this pizza is the best. Get there early - it's the only place that's full the minute it opens.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:29 PM

midas,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind.

Mark