Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 02:18 AM

Default 5/10 jam hand

UTG+1 is loose and bad, MP1 is playing nearly every hand, and BB is reasonable preflop (way too loose from the blinds) but kinda nuts postflop - probably a hold 'em guy. My hand is never a monster, but my opponents are really bad and I want their money. What do you think?

Party Poker 5/10 Omaha Hi/Lo (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333"> Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font> ~8.5SB
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font> ~10BB
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font> ~26 BB
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: ~34BB

On the flop, BB's c/r means he has a high hand. The other 2 players can have a wide range of crap, so I'm jamming my pair+low draw probably having the only A2 but really hoping to get a free card in a large pot. On the turn, I have the nut low 4-handed against players who might not, while fishy draws are all over the place. I raise the river because I think MP1 is dead money. Once he folds, I call.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Re: 5/10 jam hand

Sy,

I don't know that I would have played much differently.

Your qualifiers about these opponents need to be right on the mark in order for this level of aggression to work.

Against reasonable opponents I think I would call a bet on the river rather than raise. I think the only hand the BB raises this way that would have missed is the flush draw. Luckily that didn't happen.

Your hand improved on the river, but not enough to beat the flopped straight or the flopped set that I would have given credit to the BB for.

So, I don't think you scoop here...I guess the only way you get 3/4'ers of this pot is if the BB is a real wacko and raising the other A 2 with nothing to go with it....I don't think this is a reasonable bet. I guess he could have the A 2 with the nut spade draw too...yeah that's possible.

All the raising is ok through the turn (because of 4 players), but once you get to the river....just call.

Dave