Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 02:24 AM

Default Re: OUR NATIONAL STRATEGY FOR VICTORY IN IRAQ

[ QUOTE ]
2) The document to which you linked boils down to the following:

Our new strategy is to declare that our old strategy is working.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it was either that or blame Bill Clinton. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

q/q
Old 12-01-2005, 03:08 AM

Default It is not a \"strategy\" and it\'s not \"national\"

It's not about "victory", either.

[ QUOTE ]
Could someone post a link to the DNC strategy for Iraq?

[/ QUOTE ] You GOPsters keep treating this like a partisan issue, while it is a national issue. (See comments on post title.) Who said the DNC has a better "strategy"? Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. The question is whether or not the United States leadership has a good plan, there.

The proposals put forth by those who do not agree with the leadership's current "strategy" have been numerous, detailed and justified, and I have already provided web links to a number of 'em. (There are some documents that are not circulated on the web.) Case in point was Edward Luttwak's article in FA about disengaging now without losing sight of the objective. Et cetera.

For the record, I have found most of those proposals to be lucid and logical. On the other hand, every time I see Rumsfeld or Rice opening their mouths about Iraq, I cringe.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Democrats are whiners not doers and fixers

[ QUOTE ]
Who said the DNC has a better "strategy"? Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Case in point was Edward Luttwak's article in FA about disengaging now without losing sight of the objective. Et cetera.
For the record, I have found most of those proposals to be lucid and logical. On the other hand, every time I see Rumsfeld or Rice opening their mouths about Iraq, I cringe.

[/ QUOTE ]

See that would be fine if the dumocrats actually adopted some of those alternatives as their plan. But they don't. They just want to keep saying NOT to the administration while never putting out such an alternative plan, even if it wouldn't work. That is why even if a sizeable portion of americans don't like certain administration policies, that they also don't place much faith in the dems who contantly criticize without offering an actual alternative.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:22 AM

Default Doers and fixers

[ QUOTE ]
See that would be fine if the dumocrats actually adopted some of those alternatives as their plan. But they don't.

[/ QUOTE ] That's because the Democrats have been brilliantly cornered by the Republican strategy of painting as un-patriotic anyone who seriously disputes the war effort! (And because they are cowards.)

The Democrats have been placed in a lose/lose situation. Every move they make, usually makes their position worse. In marketing , that's called "the opponent's brilliant positioning". (Remember the #2 rental company's slogan that actually boasted of being #2? "We are Number Two. WE TRY HARDER!" The #1 company had no response to that and everything it did re-enforced the other guys' position!)

In chess, it's zugzwang.

[ QUOTE ]
Democrats are whiners, not doers and fixers [like the Republicans].

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I like your idea of Republicans as ..plumbers.

Wait! That was always a Republican specialty! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]