Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 10:09 AM

Default Open letter to TruePoker

Dear Truepoker,

Thanks to the publicity here between the raffle and the promotion for O'Doyle, I went ahead and gave this site a try, signing up through an affiliate that promised rakeback. Now that Party has revoked everyone's program, I figured it time to shop around.

I love your site, absolutely love it! The graphics took a little getting used to, but I am warming up to it quickly. The games are relatively soft, which makes the site that much better.

I do miss the lack of stud and stud/8, but I can live fine without it.

Unfortunately, and this is strictly my own fault, I don't know how much time I will spend playing here in the long run. I am not sure what happened, but my failure to do homework when looking for an affiliate led me to someone that has so far been unresponsive to my questions confirming whether or not I got signed up for them. As such, I don't want to generate rake for someone like that, and respectively, it will mean little to no play at your location.

I understand that the mistake was COMPLETELY my fault. In all honesty, I was so giddy at getting an account created there (I wanted to play against O'Doyle!), that I did not do my homework completely.

I wish your company the best and that you drive Party into the ground where they so richly belong. In the meantime, I will continue to explore my few remaining options on locations where I can claim a rakeback opportunity.

Good luck,
(not the real) Tommy Tutone
Old 06-01-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Open letter to TruePoker

While fearing the flames I may get by bumping this, and I PROMISE this is not an advertisement (since my dealings with them have been negative/non-existent so far), has anyone had any experience with Rake Recycler (no URL included, but easy enough to find)?
Old 06-01-2005, 04:21 PM

Email me at management@truepoker.com. I will get you a response to your question.

David
Old 06-01-2005, 04:23 PM

Hey,
Whether or not your post is appropriate, I had
a similar exp with an affiliate for Party Skins.
Those two accounts are now mostly dormant, and
I play on a third.

It would be great if it were easier to check
out affiliates before signing up, but that does not
seem to be an option now.

Just one more unregulated industry.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:58 PM

david,

i don't care much for TruePoker because it plays so slow, but you sure seem like one helluva good guy. if you fix this guy's problem, that would be absolutely above and beyond.

for the record, i think everyone should try True...from what i can tell, either people love it, or they hate it. different strokes.

cheers!
Old 06-01-2005, 05:53 PM

Playing speed isn't a problem. It's the busy 3d interface that takes some getting used to. But, I'm used to playing at Absolute, so I'm pretty well adjusted to slow speed and cluttered interfaces.

The real problem is lake of Omaha H/L players. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The CS and interactive posting from David has made true one of my prefered places to play of late.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:01 PM

I tryed true. The problem I had is I coul not see my hole cards. Any help with this?
Old 06-01-2005, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Email me at management@truepoker.com. I will get you a response to your question.

David

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of the outcome of this, your presence here is yet another reason why I am anxious to become part of your site. Thank you very much and mail sent!
Old 06-01-2005, 06:11 PM

Holy crap another 2+2 poster from Alpharetta

<-- next door to C.C. of South
Old 06-01-2005, 08:26 PM

We have taken most of the risk out of rakebacks .... WE track the hands, and WE pay you directly, not thru the affiliate.

What we have here seems to be a tracking issue where his sign-up might have been mishandled, but the hands are tracked and we would NOT send a player's share to an affiliate for handling .... WE will pay directly into the player's Truepoker account

Truepoker CEO