Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Two Looks at Iraq from Atlantic Monthly

This afternoon I had a chance to read two articles in the new Atlantic Monthly on the situation in Iraq looking at the problem from different viewpoints.

The first is If America Left Iraq - The case for cutting and running by a new contributor Nir Rosen.

The cover article is Why Iraq Has No Army by James Fallows. Fallows has written four outstanding articles on Iraq, including the apply named "Iraq - the Fifty-First State" that foretold much of the current mess.

Worth reading as usual. Comments appreciated.

~ Rick
Old 12-11-2005, 05:59 AM

Default Very good articles

[ QUOTE ]
This afternoon I had a chance to read two articles in the new Atlantic Monthly on the situation in Iraq looking at the problem from different viewpoints.

[/ QUOTE ]Actually, IMHO, the two articles approach the subject from different angles but are essentially proclaiming the same thing : Fold the hand.

[ QUOTE ]
The first is If America Left Iraq - The case for cutting and running by a new contributor Nir Rosen. The cover article is Why Iraq Has No Army by James Fallows.

[/ QUOTE ] I found both articles to be insightful and well written. The Atlantic usually offers that kind of quality.