Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: question for BK and Dcifrths

While we are on the topic of limping, raising, or folding after limpers with smallish pocket pairs how do you guys play these in shorthanded tables.

6 handed, UTG or MP limps, you are CO or button with 22-66 (I presume 77+ is auto raise vs most limpers in this spot)

What's your move and why on an unknown table?

I limp after any limper in this spot with 22-44 and raise 55+. I question my play because this is somewhat proportional to raising 77 in MP1 vs an up front limper.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:39 PM

This has always been a question spot for me too. I tend to fold 22-77 with just one limper in front in MP on a typical 15 or 20 table. 88/99 are raises for me here. I guess I should limp a little more? I suppose it is time for me to start adding hands back into my repetoire. When we limp 77 here, we are hoping for two more people to enter the pot (preferably limping) or we are hoping for folds. I guess the worst thing would be a raise behind, and only the limper calling.

I mean 77 is the tenth best starting hand in HE.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:33 PM

In 6 handed play Ill raise 5s after just about any limper...if they are open limping in a 6max game they are doing something wrong, punish them for it.