Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 08:38 PM

Default Re: worst hand ever

Misclicks and misreading yes, but in a pot this well protected only a maniac will bluff, and a maniac wouldn't have checked through the turn.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:39 PM

duh, ATs. yeah QTs isn't too likely, but i guess it's possible. definitely more likely than a misclick. a TAG bluffs here never, i don't know that hoping he misclicks 6% of the time on the river is profitable.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:40 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
fine, i'll do hand ranges.

CO has A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. 2 combos, they beat you. maybe he'd bet the turn with QT actually... but no worse hands other than a misclick play like this really.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think KTd is remotely possible, as it K8d. he mightve decided that his K was no good and taken his free card. as i said, unlikely. ATd is also possible btw, as is A8d

i was not going to say this until the thread was dying, but i did not bet-fold. i bet because i was 10-tabling at that instant and it just came naturally. i felt like an idiot for betting, and i couldnt bring myself to folding. at the time i thought i shouldve check-called. when i looked at the hand again today i thought that maybe bet-folding would be better, and i posted it as if thats what i did
Old 11-21-2005, 08:43 PM

Well since everyone seems to disagree with me I admit that there is a chance I am wrong but I feel like the pot size merits a call. Also what about meta game implications. I play on prima where I play 1000's of hands against the same opponents and I would not want them knowing I was folding in this situation.

PS is your 2+2 hand the same as on prima wheelz?
Old 11-21-2005, 08:48 PM

i call the river raise even if i 'knew' i was beat. pot is grande and we have a very good hand. for peace of mind, i'd have to know.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:56 PM

There's just no way the CO plays anything but a better flush this way.

I fold this preflop and don't feel bad about it, but you rule and I don't, so rock on. I do feel like the reason you had to fold on the river is one of the reasons why the world doesn't end if you lay this down preflop.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:06 PM

+21, yeah.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:11 PM

Fold is expert, but I wouldn't mind checking the river and seeing if it comes back 1 or 2 bets.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:11 PM

yeah i like bet-fold better, just because i think you can fold to a raise. maybe he did get scared on the turn or misclicked or something... and i think MP is more likely to call your river stab after a checked through turn than overcall after the flush hits. he's clearly got some piece of this.

actually probably pretty close either way.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:12 PM

I actually don't think this is very bad at all. Preflop call is a bit loose, but may be good anyway. If not, it is only slightly -EV, and I don't think people should get caught up over it. The rest of the hand seems pretty straightfoward to me. The only adjustment I think you could possibly make is maybe betting the flop. It seems this might disguise your hand, so that things could play out differently. Having to play the flop as you did (and will normally have to do), makes your hand blatantly obvious to your opponents. One of the goals of poker is to make your opponents play differently from how they would if they knew your cards, so I think a flop bet disguises your hand somewhat well, while not being all that -EV on the current street.