Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2004, 12:45 PM

Default AKo versus the McLag Brothers

UTG+2 and MP2 are uber-lags who seem to know each other, and are having a pissing contest as to who can take down the most pots. Both have VP$IP over 60, and PFR over 20.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="green">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="green">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="green">UTG+2 caps</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (20 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="green">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="green">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="green">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="green">Hero caps</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (16.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="green">Hero bets</font>, <font color="green">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="green">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="green">UTG+2 caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Don't tell me about this call being a bad play, I clicked the wrong button. Luckily it got capped for me anyways.

River: (28.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="green">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="green">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

At this point he hasn't slowed down either, so I decided that even a LAG can have a hand sometimes. If I was in the later position, I would've raised and called a 3-bet, but from here, I don't want to see the river capped.

Final Pot: 32.50 BB
Old 10-27-2004, 01:17 PM

Default Re: AKo versus the McLag Brothers

Im kind of new to this forum and i am wondering, why not include the results of the hand as well? Maybe in white so people can think about it for a while before checking it out?
Regarding the play, i would have tried to cap at the end as well. Reading these kind of people is impossible so he might just have had A2s or some other bizarre hand.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im kind of new to this forum and i am wondering, why not include the results of the hand as well? Maybe in white so people can think about it for a while before checking it out?
Regarding the play, i would have tried to cap at the end as well. Reading these kind of people is impossible so he might just have had A2s or some other bizarre hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Welcome to the forum. The reason we generally discourage putting results in out posts is they can color the advice given; knowing that he was up against A2s, we might tend to tell him to cap the river more often.

I think you played this as well as you could. Sweet river bet as well. I think your AK is ahead here more than 55% of the time, and if you lost to JT/KK/QQ/66(??), that sucks, but you'll get it back.

Rob
Old 10-27-2004, 01:33 PM

results arent posted so that it wont influence what the responses are. if you posted the result as being that someone had a set here, half of the responses would say something like "slow down on the turn becasue he looks like he made a set."

about this hand, good play with your reads. id 3 bet the river.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:39 PM

I do the same based on your read. Most of the time, they're not going to have you beaten.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:42 PM

U sure u were not playing aggainst Entity and I?

We do that when we play together. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2004, 01:54 PM

Based on your reads, this looks like a good play.

Did you chop the pot?
Old 10-27-2004, 02:00 PM

If these players are as lag as you say they are, I would go ahead and 3-bet the river, but I agree that it's close.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:11 PM

A key question here is how Laggy these guys are post-flop. I see a lot of maniacs with VP$IP at 70% who play tight post-flop. Maybe you can't put them on a high pocket pair pre-flop, but they're both capping an AKx flop so you might want to remember the motto "Even maniacs get good cards sometimes."

On the other hand, you've got top two pair and a big pot, so it's probably +EV to stay till the end.

-- Scott
Old 10-27-2004, 04:36 PM

Thanks for the help. MP2 was a little tighter post-flop, but not much. UTG+2 was the better post-flop player of the two, and actually said he folded Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the river, so he was just pumping his draw. Either way, villian turns over AQo, and MHIG.