Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2004, 02:34 PM

Default eMarkM and davidross coming to Vegas

I will be in Vegas between 5/20 an 5/24. I've been trying to get into the WSOP via online qualifiers and if I don't make it there (I've come very close five different times), I'll try to get in via a super or two at Binion's. davidross is also going to be in town at the same time and I will be hooking up with him during the trip as he has the same goals re WSOP.

We're trying to find a good time to get together with any 2+2ers who will be in town (or live there) that weekend before the Big One. Thur and Fri we plan on playing satellites unless we get in online, so maybe after a late Friday satellite. Of course, chances are we don't make the WSOP so we'll probably have time on Saturday and Sunday for a get together.

We're also going to be hitting the Mirage and/or Bellagio for poker and was wondering from the locals just how crazy the wait lists are this time of year with every poker player in the world in town? Can you phone ahead to get your name on the list?

Also, is there a list online anywhere of the regular weekly lower buyin tourneys that go on in town, or maybe someone could give a link to a post or list themselves the major ones in the $50-500 buyin range.

Thanks, and hope to meet some of you next week.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:57 PM

Default Re: eMarkM and davidross coming to Vegas

[ QUOTE ]
We're also going to be hitting the Mirage and/or Bellagio for poker and was wondering from the locals just how crazy the wait lists are this time of year with every poker player in the world in town?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bellagio lists tend to be very long. Sometimes, it's a two or three hour wait to get into a game. The wait at the Mirage is usually not too long, and sometimes you can get into a game immediately.
Old 05-15-2004, 04:25 AM

Other than the WSOP, the best tournament during the times you'll be here is probably the Saturday $120/ 1 rebuy $100 at the Orleans 7 PM. I'm sure it'll be a huge field. And a Sunday Nooner with a $50 buy in/ 1 20$ rebuy at the Orleans...for both tournies, make you sure get 1 1/2 before it starts
Old 05-15-2004, 04:38 AM

good luck guys.

make the 2+2 contingent proud!!

i'll see you there NEXT year.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:54 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.

With just one week to go, has anyone put together a list of all the 2+2ers who have a seat or who will be there attempting to get a seat for the main event?