Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Obsession with cats

Why are so many people obsessed with cats on this forum. I see cats with guns, cats attacking children, cats jumping into walls, and just fruity pictures of cats. One person's screen name is IHateCats. Can someone please enlighten me on this subject.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Obsession with cats

I suspect poker players would more likely be cat people than dog people.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:36 PM

Why would you think that? Do you see common attributes?

Would you say "cat" people are better/worse players?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2005, 01:34 AM

I believe a lot of people have infatuation with cats because at their core, cats are still wild animals and one step from being feral.

Leave a cat on his own, he hunts, takes care of himself, and generally has no problems - dogs would die -

dogs defer to the leader of the pack without question. Nazi's did studies where they'd maim a dog to within an inch of it's life, but it's still lick the hand of the owner. Cats won't go for that crap.

And for all their appreciation by women, I think most of us like them because at the end of the day, they revert back to wild habits very easily - they're barely domesticated, and I think a lot of 2+2'ers can appreciate that sort of independance -

In the end, if you have a cat who wants your attention, you've probably earned it's trust - it's a more giving form of affection. Dogs will just wag their damn tail at anyone.

RB
Old 11-17-2005, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe a lot of people have infatuation with cats because at their core, cats are still wild animals and one step from being feral.

Leave a cat on his own, he hunts, takes care of himself, and generally has no problems - dogs would die -

dogs defer to the leader of the pack without question. Nazi's did studies where they'd maim a dog to within an inch of it's life, but it's still lick the hand of the owner. Cats won't go for that crap.

And for all their appreciation by women, I think most of us like them because at the end of the day, they revert back to wild habits very easily - they're barely domesticated, and I think a lot of 2+2'ers can appreciate that sort of independance -

In the end, if you have a cat who wants your attention, you've probably earned it's trust - it's a more giving form of affection. Dogs will just wag their damn tail at anyone.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Were i suddenly shrunk down to 4 inches tall, my cat would not hesitate to kill me and eat me. For some reason, I find that pretty cool.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Were i suddenly shrunk down to 4 inches tall, my cat would not hesitate to kill me and eat me. For some reason, I find that pretty cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
My cat isn't intimidated by my size. Fortunately she has been slowed down by old age, but I still keep her food bowl full just in case I die in my sleep....
Old 11-17-2005, 05:16 AM

Sorry...don't know what you mean.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

amen
Old 11-17-2005, 11:18 AM

I don't know where I heard this but here it is...

"We like dogs because the remind us of what we are, but we like cats because they remind of what we'd like to be."
Old 11-17-2005, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I suspect poker players would more likely be cat people than dog people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?