Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 02:12 AM

Default why does party care?

If they pay an affiliate a % of your rake, why does it matter to party what they do with it (like offer some to their referrals). I can understand why it was an issue with the skins, as they were taking potential party customers. I assume party is still paying it's affiliates the same percent as before. I just can't figure out why allowing affiliates to offer rb would be a bad business move. Any insights?
Old 10-09-2005, 02:13 AM

Default Re: why does party care?

It all has to do with the fact that people were migrating from Party to other skins just for the rakeback (I was one of them). Why would they want to have to give 50% of your rake to an affiliate when they could just get all 100% if you stay on Party? It's still a rediculous change, though, IMO.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If they pay an affiliate a % of your rake, why does it matter to party what they do with it (like offer some to their referrals). I can understand why it was an issue with the skins, as they were taking potential party customers. I assume party is still paying it's affiliates the same percent as before. I just can't figure out why allowing affiliates to offer rb would be a bad business move. Any insights?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the affiliates who don't offer xx go kicking and screaming to their daddy to complain about the affiliates who do offer xx.

Link to the whining
Old 10-09-2005, 02:24 AM

I was also a party emmigrant, however now that the skins are no longer an issue, it seems like party would have no reason to not allow rb.

I'm guessing there is more to it than I can grasp, as there are other sites that won't allow for rb. So I suppose there is some beneficial reason for it. Maybe you didn't sign up with rakeback at PP, but how many of their players have become customers by following a link somewhere, linking them to an affiliate, resulting in party paying that affiliate.

Thinking about it now, I suppose it would create an uproar of the existing customer base if party reverted back to "not noticing" rb deals and allowing it to happen.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Because the affiliates who don't offer xx go kicking and screaming to their daddy to complain about the affiliates who do offer xx.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I remember reading the controversy there a while ago. That is what led to party stopping the reports of individual MGR, right?

I wonder how many customers the "legitimate" affiliates brought, compared to say, PSO or the rb sites?