Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: to the sng forum in general

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fine, so i can't read, spell, type, or walk and chew gum. any other complaints?

if people want to put moderating suggestions, or just other suggestions about the forum in this thread, that's completely fine.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

suggestion #1: maybe you should think about some of the crappy and questionable stuff that you do [like admittingly being a "dick" on pupose] before you start trying to police others. it makes no sense for you to be able to act that way, but then ban somebody else when they get out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's fine.
People that post stupid sh*t should get flamed.
It's nothing personal (think of it as a rite of passage) and flaming people happens to be the most effective way to disuade people from posting garbage. Plus its funny, so long as its not racist/personal/overly offensive. Note: Citanul has never crossed this line.

I don't want to debate this.
I also don't want people to start arguing about citanul's moderating "technique". He's doing a spectacular job.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is an old joke about the best way to train a mule is to first hit it between the eyes with a 2x4 to get its attention. There are people on these forums who just don't pay attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

And there are people with something to offer(either now or later) who just won't come back, or who may come back but not bother to post. I'm not a fan of Citanul's fairly high level of aggresion with respect to forum moderation, but I'm not the most frequent poster, so I hadn't said anything to this point. If that's the way the majority of the forum wants it, who am I to argue. I just don't think it's the best way myself.

John.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also don't want people to start arguing about citanul's moderating "technique". He's doing a spectacular job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, except for one thing. citanul was supposed to (at worst) act angry. What I'm pretty sure he did was get angry. As a result, this thread looks like the bickering that happens on RGP.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

No, it's fine.
It's nothing personal (think of it as a rite of passage) and flaming people happens to be the most effective way to disuade people from posting garbage. Plus its funny, so long as its not racist/personal/overly offensive. Note: Citanul has never crossed this line.

[/ QUOTE ]
unarmed said what I was going to say, but he phrased it better.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is an old joke about the best way to train a mule is to first hit it between the eyes with a 2x4 to get its attention. There are people on these forums who just don't pay attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

And there are people with something to offer(either now or later) who just won't come back, or who may come back but not bother to post. I'm not a fan of Citanul's fairly high level of aggresion with respect to forum moderation, but I'm not the most frequent poster, so I hadn't said anything to this point. If that's the way the majority of the forum wants it, who am I to argue. I just don't think it's the best way myself.

John.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-16-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fine, so i can't read, spell, type, or walk and chew gum. any other complaints?

if people want to put moderating suggestions, or just other suggestions about the forum in this thread, that's completely fine.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

suggestion #1: maybe you should think about some of the crappy and questionable stuff that you do [like admittingly being a "dick" on pupose] before you start trying to police others. it makes no sense for you to be able to act that way, but then ban somebody else when they get out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

so a guy, who admits to acting like a "dick" sometimes on purpose [who also happens to have landed the job of moderator for the SNG forum], is ok in doing so as long as it disuades people from posting garbage? seems to me that as soon as you start acting like a "dick", you end up posting the very garbage that you saying flaming disuades people from doing in the first place. how much sense does that make? you say flaming is'nt personal. i've seen flaming get personal plenty of times [one only needs to jet back to Guacho Fish & Irie's thread on a *botched* backing arrangement]. it's not fine or ok for someone to be excused of being a "dick" to someone else just because it may disuade someone else from posting garbage. garbage is garbage, no matter who the poster is or what status or image they hold in these boards.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And there are people with something to offer(either now or later) who just won't come back, or who may come back but not bother to post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree. Anyone who is ever going to have anything to offer is either going to see that he is getting flamed because he deserved it (and learns from it), and/or will have enough sense, and sense of humor, to realized that this is the 2+2 version of pledge hazing. But most people who will ever have anything to contribute won't jump right in with flammable posts.

The ones who won't be back are the idjits who don't read the threads, don't do any search, and come on here and ask if their 60% ITM for their first 13 SnGs is sustainable. They think that they made a brilliant post and got trashed for it and leave. If getting flamed for that doesn't make them think and read and then post again, then they would never have had anything to offer anyway, other than more of the same.

Many of the other forums have the same idjits making the same clueless posts week after week. They never learn and they never contribute. This forum is one of the better ones in that regard.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And there are people with something to offer(either now or later) who just won't come back, or who may come back but not bother to post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree. Anyone who is ever going to have anything to offer is either going to see that he is getting flamed because he deserved it (and learns from it), and/or will have enough sense, and sense of humor, to realized that this is the 2+2 version of pledge hazing. But most people who will ever have anything to contribute won't jump right in with flammable posts.

The ones who won't be back are the idjits who don't read the threads, don't do any search, and come on here and ask if their 60% ITM for their first 13 SnGs is sustainable. They think that they made a brilliant post and got trashed for it and leave. If getting flamed for that doesn't make them think and read and then post again, then they would never have had anything to offer anyway, other than more of the same.

Many of the other forums have the same idjits making the same clueless posts week after week. They never learn and they never contribute. This forum is one of the better ones in that regard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pledge hazing is lame enough. Internet forum pledge hazing? Laaaaaaaaaaaaaame.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:56 PM

You mean stuff like this?
Old 07-16-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You mean stuff like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

PWNED!!