Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 03:08 AM

Default Re: to the sng forum in general

[ QUOTE ]
i think i might have locked one of mine already, i'm not sure.

it's hard striking a balance between letting people have fun, be social, and joke around with each other and allowing the forum to be over-run with contentless drivel. i'm clearly not a poster who never posts anything social, as i'm pretty sure very few are, but there are clearly lines which don't get crossed.

when those lines get crossed, actions will be taken. don't be afraid to use the button.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Ladies and gentlemen, the proof is as they say in the pudding [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2005, 07:20 AM

Tis ain't Nam Donnie! We got rules here! [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2005, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that type of crap = racist stupid ranty crap in particular at the moment.

but in general, crap of forms that are obviously crap will not be tolerated.

stupid crappy threads will be deleted.

repetitious or totally answered threads will be either deleted and PMs sent, or locked when the answer is provided.

posters who do things like the garbage that was just removed will be banned.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

"Locked when the answer is provided" sounds like dangerous grounds rife with the potential for thoughtlessness or abuse, as there is often heated and prolonged exchange about whether an answer is really right or not. I hope it doesn't all come down to mood swings or touchiness, from which certain unnamed moderators are famously non-exempt.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Locked when the answer is provided" sounds like dangerous grounds rife with the potential for thoughtlessness or abuse, as there is often heated and prolonged exchange about whether an answer is really right or not. I hope it doesn't all come down to mood swings or touchiness, from which certain unnamed moderators are famously non-exempt.

[/ QUOTE ]

No no no, by the types of threads I meant "locked when the answer is provided" I meant the types of threads that are like "can anyone find me this old thread that says x" or "can anyone find my aleo's guide" or something like that, not something that has debate.

i think that locking such threads is probably best for the exact reason that once the answer is provided it keeps people who famously have swingy moods from flaming the person and telling them to use the search function.

citanul
Old 07-16-2005, 10:21 AM

Since we're discussing issues that pertain to this forum, can you change your location? Bugs me every time I see it. "Profiting" only has one "t", bitch
Old 07-16-2005, 10:24 AM

fine, so i can't read, spell, type, or walk and chew gum. any other complaints?

if people want to put moderating suggestions, or just other suggestions about the forum in this thread, that's completely fine.

citanul
Old 07-16-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if people want to put moderating suggestions, or just other suggestions about the forum in this thread, that's completely fine.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

suggestion #1: maybe you should think about some of the crappy and questionable stuff that you do [like admittingly being a "dick" on pupose] before you start trying to police others. it makes no sense for you to be able to act that way, but then ban somebody else when they get out of line.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since we're discussing issues that pertain to this forum, can you change your location? Bugs me every time I see it. "Profiting" only has one "t", bitch

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gonna say something but ya beat me to it:P
Old 07-16-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

suggestion #1: maybe you should think about some of the crappy and questionable stuff that you do [like admittingly being a "dick" on pupose] before you start trying to police others. it makes no sense for you to be able to act that way, but then ban somebody else when they get out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Citanul, I agree with you that these threads need some policing and that there is a lot of useless crap, but this guy has a point. You flame a LOT of n00bs who don't know any better on this board (and others), and I don't see how that's any better than flaming people who know better. I think if you want to crack down this is the right idea but you gotta lead by example.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

suggestion #1: maybe you should think about some of the crappy and questionable stuff that you do [like admittingly being a "dick" on pupose] before you start trying to police others.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is an old joke about the best way to train a mule is to first hit it between the eyes with a 2x4 to get its attention. There are people on these forums who just don't pay attention.

In the instances I can recall him "being a dick on purpose", he was doing it to get the attention of people who were otherwise oblivious to reality. Being a dick for the sadistic pleasure of it is objectionable. Being a dick to convey a needed lesson can be efficient and beneficial.

(citanul: don't let this go to your head and start acting like a dick, OK? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] )