Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 10:55 PM

Default Swings?

Is it normal to be going through huge swings at PLO? I played about 600 so far today and it's been nuts to say the least. I have been up and down about 5 times for $200 a piece. and am down $100 as we speak. I have been 4 tabling the $25 tables. I have been checking my PT stats and checking for mistakes and have seen a few, but I still dont know If this is normal. How bad are the omaha swings usually?
Old 03-28-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Swings?

[ QUOTE ]
Is it normal to be going through huge swings at PLO? I played about 600 so far today and it's been nuts to say the least. I have been up and down about 5 times for $200 a piece. and am down $100 as we speak. I have been 4 tabling the $25 tables. I have been checking my PT stats and checking for mistakes and have seen a few, but I still dont know If this is normal. How bad are the omaha swings usually?

[/ QUOTE ]

About that FAQ? Did BluffTHIS go away already?

Yes, big swings. Very high variance.

For more discussion give the search function a shot though I hear it works poorly for posts in this forum. There are recent threads that can be found by just scrolling down a few pages of threads.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:01 AM

The swings are big in omaha, but how big also depending on playingstyle. If you play rock-tightish of course your swings will not be so big, still much bigger than in texas though. If you play loose-aggresive (which I think is the most profitable playingstile IF you are GOOD at it, and know when to press the stop-pedal. spec. shorthanded) the swings can be huge.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:28 AM

I say a Sticky FAQ Post should be put up ...

Don't listen to someone tellign you "PLAY LIKE A ROCK, your variance will be less extreme". It doesn't matter PLO is a game of extreme variance, PERIOD.

If you cna't handle the swings of NLHE don't get yourself into PLO unless u have a choice of playing that or BlackJack. No offense meant, it's just the truth. I am pry one of the worst players (look at the few H.H.'s that have been posted with me in them) here and I can tell you that [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 05:34 AM

My point was not that the swings are small for a tight player (they are still huge), only that the swings are a little less for the tight one than the mega-loose-aggr. player.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:11 AM

Sorry for the redundant question. Thanks for the redundant answer. *running and hiding from the angry 2+2 ers*