Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (12/13) (300/500 NL)

We usually leave when the show ends. Sometimes before.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:18 AM

yeah...I've been trying to get it to play but Mplayer is giving me issues....doesn't seem to like the url. I can't even get the clip video they show when there isn't anything "live". ...you'd think now that I live out here I could at least show up to watch this on the internet on time....oh, well.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:24 AM

Wow?!? I just finished playing like a donkey tonight and figured I'd check the 2+2 thread...Wow?!? Where's the love?
Well, I guess I asked for it. I thought I'd just mix it up and play like an ass, blow off some steam and have some fun. Since I sit in the LATB booth and criticize the players we watch on a daily basis, I open myself up to this kind of a response. Hey like I always say...We have to be accountable for ourselves and in this case I have to be accountable for how bad I played. I didn't realize that Shirley and most you were hoping to see me really play my "A" game. Sorry to disappoint you. Barry and I were just having fun - I promise you all, if and When I play on LATB again - I will play for real.

The more I think about it, the more I think it was stupid of me. The money isn't a big deal, but a "real" poker player should be playing his "A" game all the time - regardless of the stakes.
Well, obviously there is nothing I can do about it now - I promise it won't happen again.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to send me a private message.
Once again, thanks for your support or in this case your brutal honesty.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:51 AM

Tuch everybody knows tonight's show was all about meta-game for you. Now all the LA players who watched the show are saying "Man, David Tuchman really sucks! I'm going to call him down with 2nd and 3rd pair now for sure!"
Old 12-14-2005, 02:22 AM

I know you could've put on a clinic if you'd wanted to. I think we need a Tuchman Redux next week. Get back on the table and show us how it's done.

Here's some love, if you really need it: <3
Old 12-14-2005, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow?!? I just finished playing like a donkey tonight and figured I'd check the 2+2 thread...Wow?!? Where's the love?
Well, I guess I asked for it. I thought I'd just mix it up and play like an ass, blow off some steam and have some fun. Since I sit in the LATB booth and criticize the players we watch on a daily basis, I open myself up to this kind of a response. Hey like I always say...We have to be accountable for ourselves and in this case I have to be accountable for how bad I played. I didn't realize that Shirley and most you were hoping to see me really play my "A" game. Sorry to disappoint you. Barry and I were just having fun - I promise you all, if and When I play on LATB again - I will play for real.

The more I think about it, the more I think it was stupid of me. The money isn't a big deal, but a "real" poker player should be playing his "A" game all the time - regardless of the stakes.
Well, obviously there is nothing I can do about it now - I promise it won't happen again.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to send me a private message.
Once again, thanks for your support or in this case your brutal honesty.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was still fun playing with you, I know you were just [censored] around...goot times.

And Bart you are right as always, the KK hand v Bdub was not so much as calling his flop bet, it was a push or fold situation, I tried to get tricky with Barry on my left knowing he's gonna fire at 3/4 flops...and it bit me in the ass. But you did realize I was just mad at myself for misplaying the hand...

later

-surf
Old 12-14-2005, 06:45 AM

Default Re: Davy

No your not. It’s always been clear from his commentary that he is clueless about playing NL with a short stack.

Shirley Bart, one of you get Dave a copy of GSIH, he needs it.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:31 PM

Hey guys, had a great time last night, though not exactly profitable. To echo Dave's sentiments, but not a defense or apology, we were "sort of" donking it up last night to have fun. Me, because I organized this game and am friends with these people. I just wanted to have a fun night of poker with some buds. If I won, great, if I lost (which is apparent), no big deal. I had a great time.

I was really impressed with the play of the 2+2ers. SP, Joe, Geoff, all solid players, whose results (at the expense of David and I) speak for themselves. Congratulations, guys and we will do this again, maybe a monthly kind of thing.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Part Deux of above post

For some reason longer posts don't send, so here's the rest:

Though it may have LOOKED LIKE, I call all bets to the rivers, I generally do not. However, at smaller limits with a restricted buy in, my general style is not only hampered, the money is sort of inconsequential. Still, I played like absolute $hit and am the first (okay 32nd) to admit it. I will try to do better next time.

Anyhow, Congratulations to all of the winners and thanks for your comments. Keep in mind, David was there to have fun, play poker and not embarass the 2+2ers. Okay, so he embarrassed himself instead. Gotta love him! David is a much better player that you saw, and don't be surprised if some of this was for "advertising" purposes for when he is in normal ring games. You'd be surprised at how many people will now call him down. Word up.

BDub1
Old 12-14-2005, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Part Deux of above post

well said Barry, and to think it only took you two posts