Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 10:55 PM

Default PartyPoker software: trends, biases,etc.

Hello all...I did a search and have not found a thread that discusses the common biases/trends etc. on the Party software. From my experience, when one person has a pocket pair, very often 2 or more have pocket pairs.It also seems as if Queen comes up on the turn frequently. Not too mention how often the river rewards fish. If this has been covered please direct me to the thread. THANKS [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2005, 11:03 PM

Default Re: PartyPoker software: trends, biases,etc.

Nobody's ever mentioned anything like this before. I've been wanting to come out of the closet myself, but didn't have the courage. Thank you for being the first to speak out!

I've noticed the big confrontation hands too! The deals are really strange.. not at all like the cards you get in a real cardroom. I think their RNG is broken, or maybe they just have a bunch of employees flipping coins to determine the cards. I hear they're an offshore company. I think this is why they went offshore - cheap coin flippers.

Maybe a veteran 2+2'er can offer more insight.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:10 PM

Actually I think he raised a legitimate point. Yr sarcasm is unnecessary. He was being seriously, and disserves to be taken seriously.

To the OP: you might find this link helpful. Good luck finding the truth.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hear they're an offshore company. I think this is why they went offshore - cheap coin flippers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why else would you offshore such a promising venture as PP. Cheap labor is critical, especially with all the coin flippers they must employ.

I hadn't thought about the coin flippers but it's the only rational expanation as to how they maintain their 'action flop' edge without bankrupting ALL of their players. The only problem you can run into at PP is a horrendous run of bad flips.

Anyone see Rosencrantz and Gildenstern Are Dead? Can you imagine if the Gibraltarian flippers had that run against you?
Old 06-17-2005, 12:04 AM

There have been MANY posts summarizing analyses of 10,000s or 100,000s of hands. (Here's a thread summarizing the board cards for 230,000 hands that I recently looked up to settle a bet with a friend)

Such large databases are not surprising: any long term Party player (i.e. years) has had the opportunity to compile such a database--though many don't seem to botehr. (I have almost every Party hand history I've ever played or observed on CD-R--though a few were lost to various glitches. MANY Party players are more meticulous than I am) A dataminer could compile such a database in a month or so (depending on the game and stakes) using nothing more than the normal Party client and a program like PokerOffice or PokerTracker -- or a program they wrote themselves (there are open source programs that make the code for interpreting hand histories publically available) A dataminer simply needs to open full tables (or whatever criteria they choose) periodically as they watch TV, chat on the phone, do the laundry, etc.

Yet, I can't recall seeing any player with a large database raise any verifiable objections. A few posters have claimed to have databases with demonstrated anomalies, but none of them have seemed remotely believable to me. They won't share their data or post statistical summaries that we could test in any way. They just make bald sweeping assertions or drop dark unsubstantiable hints

Why do you suppose that so many people who have logs of tens or hundreds of thousands of hands, and can analyze them with a few clicks and some headwork DON'T complain that the hands or boards are rigged, but many people who don't have such databases or analyze them rigorously are so sure that there are obvious anomalies? One hypothesis is that longterm players are morons, no matter how many thousands of dollars they've won. Another theory might be that everyone with a few 10,000s of playes and observed hands under their belt has "found the patterns" and are silently winning $$$ even if they aren't very good. (In which case, those who think they've spotted the trends would be foolish not to record and analyze 10k's of hands to join the gravy train).

Some of us (myself included) are even dim enough to analyze their large databases in multiple ways and find no bias. Heck there are many books by professional players who've made a lot of money over the decades (in card rooms and online) and all of them are based on math that assumes the sites play a fair game. We are obviously wrong, since even players with a fraction of our recorded hands see the "obvious" patterns.

Take your pick; take your chances. Personally, I can't see why anyone would play a room that they felt was rigged, unless they could turn it to their advantage. Wouldn't untold wealth await the player who can spot a genuine bias?
Old 06-17-2005, 12:19 AM

Your views intrigue me, and I would like subscribe to your newsletter
Old 06-17-2005, 12:31 AM

wait a second. Is this a "rigged" thread?

Dammit. I read it too. Now I'm dumber.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:36 AM

Cool post [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2005, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry. Subscriptions to my newsletter are already closed. We have signed you up for five free years of Maxim instead.

Though the presentation is quite different, we've found that it satisfies many who long for "hard output"

Our apologies for any inconvenience.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry. Subscriptions to my newsletter are already closed. We have signed you up for five free years of Maxim instead.

Though the presentation is quite different, we've found that it satisfies many who long for "hard output"

Our apologies for any inconvenience.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh