Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Stupid responses to posts

I would like to apologize. After reviewing this thread, it would appear that I'm the one who's being a douchebag, not you. You made a very innocent request, and me being the childish loser that I am, decided it would be funny to respond with an ironic "pooper" reply. I then felt the need to justify my immaturity by insulting and berating you. I am genuinely sorry. I suffer from some sort of weird split personality where I am hostile one minute, and sheepish and appologetic the next. Nothing personal.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:19 PM

Apology accepted. No hard feelings here.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:23 PM

now let's all get drunk and play pingpong
Old 06-12-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. Anyone who thinks they are funny by responding to this post with a blind retort, for sake of "irony," truly is an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong. Thanks.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:49 AM

arE We tHeRE yeT?
Old 06-12-2005, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to apologize. After reviewing this thread, it would appear that I'm the one who's being a douchebag, not you. You made a very innocent request, and me being the childish loser that I am, decided it would be funny to respond with an ironic "pooper" reply. I then felt the need to justify my immaturity by insulting and berating you. I am genuinely sorry. I suffer from some sort of weird split personality where I am hostile one minute, and sheepish and appologetic the next. Nothing personal.

[/ QUOTE ]

so disappointing.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. Anyone who thinks they are funny by responding to this post with a blind retort, for sake of "irony," truly is an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not an idiot. And don't call me Truly.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:21 AM

I would like to humbly request

A truly humble person would never make the post in the first place, you arrogant ****. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stop writing them. It's that simple.

We all do it occasionally; someone makes a "stupid" statement, so we make a stupid response. This makes sense right? No.

I can't be the only person tired of seeing blind retorts, attacks, and assertions with no explanations or analysis. Too many idiots respond with things like "You're wrong. Thanks" or some equally unintelligible statement.

I would like to humbly request if you are going to take the time to post a response, that you take the time to think about the response you are going to post and allow it to have some value by actually explaining your perspective or reasoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may not realize this, but your tone is condescending, hence the responses you've received. I would respectfully suggest that this is not the only time you've acted in this manner, probably without realizing it.

Perhaps you should begin the day with an examination of yourself, rather than an attempt to rein in the behavior of others. Since it is impossible to change others, why try? Focus instead on yourself, perhaps starting with your intolerance of others' responses and why it is you feel the need to correct them.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:10 PM

Possibly the dumbest frickin post in the history of the internet. On a moron scale of 100, this one scores about 126. You have earned a mouthbreather award of excellence and a MPA (Moron Point Average) of 4.5. Please flame me. I need material for my upcoming bestseller, "They're Here," subtitled, "Evidence aliens are on earth, posting on the internet and that they are no smarter than car-chasing dogs."

How's that for a retort? Here's a poem:

I logged on in error,
The post was so bad
Ninja's no Einstein,
His protest so sad.

Thankyouverymuch