Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Anyone still beating the Party $10+1?

I took about a month off recently, b/c I was very busy at work and travelling, and decided to start back up playing the lower limit games - I usually play 109's. I couldnt beat the 11 game, I'm not going to lie. It might have been the rust on my game, or me not taking the game as seriously as I needed to. I was surprised though, I used to beat the crap out of the 11 and 22 games when I played them regularly.

11 player bets make very little sense to me a lot of the time, and I have a harder time figuring out where I am in the hand. I cant get the folds that I need to get in key situations, and often some lucky player has quadrupled up on garbage before I've even made a winning hand. Lower games reward you for being lucky and ballsy early -- I remembered that always working for me when I played these games. Things like shoving AK in level 1 are actually good plays imo, but I refuse to play the game like that now, since I know better. A few nights ago, I just said screw it and moved back up to my usual level though, and it's been much easier for me since.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you using two identities and thus, infringe upon Terms&Conditions of Party/Empire? Are you also using two computers with seperate IPs?

[/ QUOTE ]
You're new around these parts, aren't you?
Old 01-04-2005, 08:36 AM

Iīm new on this board, as you can see, so if somewhere a way around the restriction to have a Party and an Empire account at the same time has been posted, I have not read it so far.

I have tried to create a PP account and already own an Empire Account. I couldnīt create one on Party. Even after mailing them and asking if it would be possible, they refused and said it would be against their T&Cs.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so if somewhere a way around the restriction to have a Party and an Empire account at the same time has been posted, I have not read it so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been several threads on the Internet Forum in the last couple of days about how to open accounts at all the Party skins. Just go there and scroll through recent threads.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:46 PM

I was having a hard time figuring out why I wasn't beating these as consistently as I had been in the past, but I had a moment of clarity:

I was trying to make too many 'plays'. Play these things straight up, i.e. betting when you think you have the best of it, and you'll still beat them. The problem is there ARE STILL a ton of fish who are incapable of laying down a good hand. Bluffs and semi-bluffs do not pay in these games.

Also, stay away from classic 2nd best hands (KQ, KJ, AT) in the early levels. I'll occasionally play these from late position, but I'll quickly get away from them if I don't flop a monster.

You get to see 30 hands before the blinds move to 50/100. You should get at least one group 1 hand in 30. I'll often only play 1 or 2 hands before level 4.

It's easy to get cocky playing these and I bet that's what many of us fell victim to. Don't be fancy. You can't bluff people who aren't paying attention.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:11 PM

The 50s have been really soft lately, but last night was rediculous. I had people playing 80% of their hands!
Old 01-04-2005, 06:23 PM

I am currently beating the $10+1 and I think those unable to beat it are either novice players or better skilled players who don't make adjustments when they move down. It's very ABC 'best hand wins' poker.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:31 PM

After several very high alcohol-content beers last night, I wisely refrained from playing my usual game . . . a definite +EV move. Instead, I quad-tabled $10+1s . . . essentially neutral EV, based on past experience, as long as you don't do stupid things. And commented in the chat box in each game, at length, about how blitzed I was . . . negative $EV, I suspect, but positive funEV. Ultimately, won two games, OOM in the other two. Then I passed out on the couch with the radio and lights on until 2:30 a.m., got up and went to bed. Statistically meaningless, but fun.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:11 PM

"My putative 'terrible play' has me at a ~55% ROI after 250 SNGs in two days. Thank you for the critique!"

250 in 2 days!!!
Old 01-13-2005, 05:13 AM

It seems that 1/2 the party games get super-tight once you go pass 3am. I just finished a game where the entire table folded to the BB more than 50% of the time at level 1 through 2! The other 40% of the time, there'll be 1 or 2 other limpers vs BB, and a min bet will get everyone to fold.

Stealing the blinds at level 1-2 had suddently become a viable strategy!