Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 07-16-2005, 02:20 AM

Default to the sng forum in general

that type of crap will not be tolerated.

citanul
Old 07-16-2005, 02:22 AM

Default Re: to the sng forum in general

[ QUOTE ]
tha type of crap will not be tolerated.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

care to fill me in? just got home.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:23 AM

that type of crap = racist stupid ranty crap in particular at the moment.

but in general, crap of forms that are obviously crap will not be tolerated.

stupid crappy threads will be deleted.

repetitious or totally answered threads will be either deleted and PMs sent, or locked when the answer is provided.

posters who do things like the garbage that was just removed will be banned.

citanul
Old 07-16-2005, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that type of crap = racist stupid ranty crap in particular at the moment.

but in general, crap of forms that are obviously crap will not be tolerated.

stupid crappy threads will be deleted.

repetitious or totally answered threads will be either deleted and PMs sent, or locked when the answer is provided.

posters who do things like the garbage that was just removed will be banned.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

"Locked when the answer is provided" sounds like dangerous grounds rife with the potential for thoughtlessness or abuse, as there is often heated and prolonged exchange about whether an answer is really right or not. I hope it doesn't all come down to mood swings or touchiness, from which certain unnamed moderators are famously non-exempt.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Locked when the answer is provided" sounds like dangerous grounds rife with the potential for thoughtlessness or abuse, as there is often heated and prolonged exchange about whether an answer is really right or not. I hope it doesn't all come down to mood swings or touchiness, from which certain unnamed moderators are famously non-exempt.

[/ QUOTE ]

No no no, by the types of threads I meant "locked when the answer is provided" I meant the types of threads that are like "can anyone find me this old thread that says x" or "can anyone find my aleo's guide" or something like that, not something that has debate.

i think that locking such threads is probably best for the exact reason that once the answer is provided it keeps people who famously have swingy moods from flaming the person and telling them to use the search function.

citanul
Old 07-16-2005, 04:49 PM

I would like to apologize for the total imprecision surrounding the term:

[ QUOTE ]
stupid crappy threads

[/ QUOTE ]

For now, I'm going to leave the definition at exactly that. It will be a "you know it when you see it" sort of thing. If people have contentions surrounding action I take as moderator, they can always feel free to PM me, and I will be as prompt as I can be in responding. I'm sure that anyone who has PMed me in my moderator position will agree that I have been doing exactly that.

I think that anyone who looks back at the last week or so at threads that I've locked, or deleted, or users who I've banned wouldn't be able to honestly argue with any of them. But again, if anyone thinks that I have been unfair, or am being unfair in the future, they can call me on it.

As has been discussed in this thread, the forum will maintain its social nature, and I will not be attempting to make this a strategy "only" forum. I maintain the right to post in a social nature as I did prior to being moderator because I don't believe I should be denied the rights that are afforded to the non-moderator posters of this forum.

With respect to me leading by example, I believe that anyone who looks at my style of posting will agree that I've toned down since taking on the moderator position, and that I clearly have not "gotten angry" in that time span.

regards,

citanul
Old 07-16-2005, 04:51 PM

I think you are doing a great job as moderator and I respect what you're doing for the forum. Keep up the good work (I think this was lost somewhere in the shuffle of my last couple posts).
Old 07-16-2005, 04:54 PM

For the record, I didn't mean to imply that Citanul wasn't doing a good job or anything. I just wanted to point out that we all make posts from time to time which have less than substantive content and which could easily be interpreted as "stupid crappy posts." I would hate to see any of us lose that right. Thanks for the clarification Cit.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tha type of crap will not be tolerated.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Just read your answer above.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:54 AM

I like your style.