Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 04:44 AM

Default Re: 50$ NL Deep Stacks... Extremely weird river

Hey Dan,

Welcome to the forums.

[ QUOTE ]
2. By betting the flop, you'll have more of an idea where you are. As it is, you don't know if he had something before the turn, or after. If he has AA, it's a very wierd limp from MP2, and a min-raise also is awful. I'd bet out on the flop, just about the pot-size.

[/ QUOTE ]
What range of hands limp/reraises preflop and checks the flop? Do you think betting is the best way to maximize my EV here, generally speaking?
Old 09-28-2005, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Makes you wonder how he got his big stack in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's a lucksack [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2005, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What range of hands limp/reraises preflop and checks the flop? Do you think betting is the best way to maximize my EV here, generally speaking?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you bet the flop. And Villian calls or raises then you can be confident he has AA, and can get away from the hand cheaply. I'm very much learning this game myself so take my advice with a pinch of salt, but that's my opinions anyway.

I suppose the more you think about it, the more clearcut he has AA, and just played it all wrong. But in the heat of the moment you don't have all the time in the world to think about it.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm very much learning this game myself so take my advice with a pinch of salt, but that's my opinions anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right on man. I still have quite a bit to learn myself. Like I said, welcome to the forums. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And I'm off to bed.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm very much learning this game myself so take my advice with a pinch of salt, but that's my opinions anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right on man. I still have quite a bit to learn myself. Like I said, welcome to the forums. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And I'm off to bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers man, I look forward to my time here. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2005, 05:19 AM

Preflop I call here cos he limp re-raised from MP2 and only re-raised a $1 - It says 1.50 above but it also says he made it $3 from your $2 so I assume that was an error (or another one by me)

If he'd been UTG or EP I can see why he might try to get value by limp/reraising AA,KK. Outside of the early positions I think the value of limp/reraising declines because your range of raising hands would naturaly be larger. The fact he only re-raised you half your initial raise kind of makes me think he's a limit player who got lost.

Basically, preflop I don't consider that this limp reraise represents anything like the strength a more text book example might. I guess from the results, I'm just full of it though, so thanks for the enlightenment.

On the flop, I bet because if I check I still don't know wtf is going on with his preflop limp reraise. Again this is probably 'cause I have tendancy to follow simple adages like 'bet the bot', 'play it fast' etc. as opposed to actually thinking it through.

Anyway, I'll follow the advice here and agree to treat weak limp reraises from MP as AA and fold my big offsuit junk to them.

Cheers