Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 08:35 AM

Default QQ on turn?

5-10 live. I raise QQ UTG. MP2 cold calls along with one other and BB stays. Flop is 3 raibow rags including a 6 .. looking good. I bet, only MP2 calls.

The turn is a 6. MP has been at table about an hour. I have seen him play about any 2 cards, but not cold against a raise. He seems to play pretty straightforward.

So, he donks into me after the second 6 on the turn. With my QQ the proper play would be......? pot is 6 BB's.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:57 AM

Default Re: QQ on turn?

Calldown.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:10 AM

I raise and assume the donkbet was an attempt at a semibluff. If three-bet, I would fold. If just called, I lead out again on the river. Wait, if you were UTG, then how'd he donk into you? Did he raise the turn? If you checked and he bet, I am definitely raising.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:54 AM

thank you KK for straightening me out. I am sorry. I misposted the hand. I was thinking of another hand , same session, against same guy, once again involving rags pairing on board.

On this hand he raised me on turn. I called and checked on river and THEN he bet. Again, forgive my carelessness / foggy memory.