Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 12:50 PM

Default I\'ve had a strange month

Bin taking a few shots at higher stakes. According to my poker tracker I've played around 15k hands ranging from .50/$1 to $25/$50. About even at $5/$10 (5k hands)....small winner at $10/20 (3k hands)...got killed at $25/50 6 max (about 800 hands). My bankroll doubled then in few weeks got cut in half, but then ran good and am back to where I started a month ago.

I think I learned alot like 10-20 is very different game than 5-10. Couldnt last long in the 25-50...couple tough beats sent me packing. I wont go there again haha.

All in all was very gut wrenching but cured poker boredom for me. I didnt play scared as my stats in the 10-20 showed my pfr go up 3 points and my agg factor finally hit 2.

I set a goal to screw around with 1/2 my roll...bit dissapointed it didn't work out, but I feel good about getting back to even without tilting.

Think I'm done with anything beyond 5/10 till I get a much larger bankroll next time, but all in all poker was fun again rather than boring and I think I learned alot.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: I\'ve had a strange month

In 500 words or less, what would you say are the major differences between 5/10 and 10/20?

Vanwely
Old 11-07-2005, 04:24 PM

I dont have enough hands to write anything meaningful to anybody, but from the few that I played I got the following impressions...these are 10-20 6 max

Blind defense...much less likely get a call from the blinds when stealing...getting 3 bet much more likely than 5/10

Blind wars...very dangerous to open complete...sometimes very profitable

Seemed many players will use a check raise bluff/semi bluff...

Flops get check raised more often

Raising in EP produced few cold calls but I was much more likely to face 2 bets back to me than 5/10

Seemed to be less slow playing of sets etc...

Often crazy aggression in 3 way pots... people capping with their draws...often hard to figure out if you're in the lead

Very hard to see a flop cheaply...esp out of the blinds.

I had a hard time identifying players playing poorly, perhaps because it was me.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:42 PM

You played .5/1 and 25/50 in the same month? You are a little nutty. My taking shots this month were from 15/30 - 50/100. Which is a bit over 3x, but you are at 50x. How can you handle the money difference?

I also wonder, if you are a .5/1 player, there is near no chance you are ready for even 10/20 muchless higher.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:48 PM

I had a very eclectic month last month myself, for me at least. I played $0.25-0.50 up to $10-$20. Maybe I just choose good games, but I didn't really notice too much of a difference on toughness (with the obvious exception the much lower games; those were very super soft like expected).
Old 11-07-2005, 05:08 PM

Depends on how much .5/1.00. Their were two party promotions where it made sense to go down to that level. Halloween tickets and 3 Billionth hand.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You played .5/1 and 25/50 in the same month? You are a little nutty. My taking shots this month were from 15/30 - 50/100. Which is a bit over 3x, but you are at 50x. How can you handle the money difference?

I also wonder, if you are a .5/1 player, there is near no chance you are ready for even 10/20 muchless higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am over bankrolled for 5/10 but normally play $1/2 & $2/4 and look for juicy looking $5/10 games on the weekend. I normally dont go crazy like this but I dont need my poker money for anything really.