Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: A Thread to post colorful poolroom stories

When i was an undergrad, I stayed at school for summer after sophomore year for research, was shooting some str8 pool at the union, when all these kids who are there for orientation come in. 2 of these kids(abercrombie& fitch type douchebags) are standing near the counter and talking how they only play if at least $100 a rack is at stake. The kid working the counter(dan) hears this and comes over to tell me this.
I start missing all the shots. Dan tells the douchebags to play me as i suck at pool but love to gamble, and yells out to me to play them.
Im like alright...and then start missing some really obvious pots, as im "practising"
They come over and are like..lets play 8ball at $10 a rack first..so i play em..and lose like 3 games real bad..then they wanna up the ante, they make it a 100 a game, i win it narrowly...and tell em that i got lucky..do it again, until ive won 5 racks

At this point, i yawn and am like..aight..im done..pay me.

They look at each other and are like...err sure..i need to go to the atm..i say.."alright..ill come with u"
u shoulda seen the look on these kids faces, me and dan follow them to the atm at the union..they look at each other..and run like their pants were on fire.
I knew i wasnt gonna get paid from these douches anyways..but got a good laugh outta it.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:12 PM

I'm glad the money doesn't mean that much to you. When I was an undergrad I would have been forced to break their legs.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:16 PM

If you lost, would you have paid? If the answer is yes, I think you're the one who got hustled.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:18 PM

The answer is probably yes, but that is not being hustled, that is knowing what you are likely getting into and not caring that much about $100.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one time when i was working at a pool hall, i had to close at the end of the night, and some guy was so wasted he thought i was a chick. i was open-minded, so i let him siimp on a pool table. he came back a month or so later and looked at me with a grimace, but didn't say anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's disgusting, but still, ni han.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:23 PM

Dude, if i wanted to hurt them, i couldve..very very easily. But its just funnier this way, imagine how funny itd be when they see me walking to class, also I dont wanna get kicked out for causing trouble against incoming freshmen on campus in broad daylight.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:28 PM

You're missing the point. I'm not saying you should have broken their legs like some thug. Once they welshed(hope I can say that) you were screwed. Get the money on the rail before the match or have some neutral 3rd party hold it.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:31 PM

When I was 18 or so a friend of mine by the name of Lance worked at the local pool hall. He shot pool on a regular basis with A.J., who was a local redneck with too much money and too much gamble in him. A.J.'s dad owned a few rural bars so we headed over to one of them on a Saturday afternoon to get a game going. We ended up shooting doubles for $20 a rack against A.J. and his partner, who happened to be a 6'4", 350 lb. farm boy wearing overalls and still had his sh!t covered boots on. Now keep in mind when I was 18, I probably was about 5'11" and 150 lbs. soaking wet.

We proceeded to beat them 8 games straight, which meant nothing to A.J., but his partner was getting more agitated every game. After they gave up and paid us, A.J. came over to us and said (and I'm not kidding here!) "We don't wanna play no more pool, but if you wanna wrassle for 10 bucks apiece, we'll do that".

I tried so hard not to burst out laughing but failed miserably. The farm boy didn't take too kindly to that and charged at us. I swear I have never seen someone that size move so fast! I was scared to death and Lance and I barely made out the door and into his truck. Never went back to that bar again.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:34 PM

You should have told them you would wrassle for just one match, then forfeited the match and gave em the 10 bucks.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:49 PM

Bar pool stories always involve fighting over the money it seems. pool hall stories seem to focus on the nut cases who play the game. But I did play bar pool once in a frat boy bar with a nut case friend from the pool hall one time. After we won the bet and the frat boys didn't pay - of course - my friend decided to collect the bet. He was drunk - of course. I guess it's the old saying about fools and drunks. There were so many guys piled on trying to kick my friend's ass that nobody could hit him. All I could see was the brim of his hat and the bright red dunken nose poking out. Nobody bothered with me for whatever reason. Somehow I got my friend dislodged from the pile and out the door basically unscathed. What an idiot he was that night. And some other nights when he got drunked up for that matter.

Much preferred the pool hall where the bets got paid and there were no fights. Just a collection of lunatics. Dollar gin with Crazy Timmy. Cheap nine ball with the Bennett Bomber. Cheap anything with Roger Rabbit a/k/a Roger Ramjet. Drinking w/ Marty. Chain smoking with the Big Man watching children get injured while running top speed into pinball machines. Carleton insisting on pushout rules playing with his balabushka in the fellini case. Jonesy betting football. That's only a few. I miss the pool hall. That particular one closed and became a church for the horror of all horrors.