Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 01:28 AM

Default HU OOP on a coordinated board

Button was running at 30/15 and playing fairly straightforward, just too loose and a bit too passive.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Represent AK and prevent the free card play. I'd fold to a raise.

River: (6.70 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Bet-folding once more.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: HU OOP on a coordinated board

I like the turn bet. Nice hand.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:48 PM

I see no reason not to 3-bet the flop.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:50 PM

IMO the "I'm bet-folding here" or "I'd also call a raise" that adds a lot of value to these hand posts. nicely done.

also I like the hand
Old 06-29-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see no reason not to 3-bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

my main concern was that he could cap and take a free card if i check the turn.

so do you call a cap and lead the turn? what do you do if he raises the turn after a flop cap?

--

thx donk, i agree.. i much prefer when ppl talk in terms like bet-fold, bet-call, etc.. rather than simply say "bet street x" and not specify what their intentions following it are.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Button was running at 30/15 and playing fairly straightforward, just too loose and a bit too passive.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not too worried about this opponent capping for a free card. If he caps, I think I'm check/folding the turn UI.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:39 PM

I was thinking:
1st play: urs: flop 2BB in, turn 2BB in = 4BB
2nd play: u 3bet, he caps = 4BB

So even when u give him the free card, u still get 4BB in with this play. No difference at first sight.
Now let's say an A or T falls on the turn. With the 2nd play u can now safely bet out and call/reraise when he raises.
So basically, with this play u can get more money in when ur in front. This makes the 2nd play superior IMO.
Correct me if I'm missing things
Old 06-29-2005, 08:01 PM

I like a check/call more on this river. I think you induce a bluff from a missed draw more often than you get a worse hand to call your bet.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:05 PM

BT: If the turn is a blank (say 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]), are you donkbetting or Check-raising? I'm inclined to C/R HU, despite the freecard possibility, curious what others would do....

Jon
Old 06-30-2005, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking:
1st play: urs: flop 2BB in, turn 2BB in = 4BB
2nd play: u 3bet, he caps = 4BB

So even when u give him the free card, u still get 4BB in with this play. No difference at first sight.
Now let's say an A or T falls on the turn. With the 2nd play u can now safely bet out and call/reraise when he raises.
So basically, with this play u can get more money in when ur in front. This makes the 2nd play superior IMO.
Correct me if I'm missing things

[/ QUOTE ]

(all hypothetically speaking in terms of him making a free card play here)
one thing this doesn't account for is the fact that he will not take a free card when he hits his draw. that's the value in the free card play for him. on the flop, my equity isn't that great if he has a flush or straight draw with an overcard to my weak top pair. so he doesn't mind too much if the flop is capped if that's his holding. on the turn, our equity will be more greatly defined. if he misses, he checks. if he catches, he makes me pay more than in scenario #1 (where i'm bet-folding the turn). unless i'm somehow check-folding a turned deuce of flushes.