Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 06:58 AM

Default Re: An odd hand... JTc UTG

I think I like a flop raise, and if not certainly a flop cap. The short stack isn't folding, so making it 2 bets won't drive him out. Unless the BB has JJ, he has to love that flop, and will give you plenty of action.

While part of me thinks the turn card sucks, I'm also inclined to beleive that BB's river betting standards are lower then we might expect, as you never showed any strength. With out any information, I think I would call the turn, and raise the river, planning on calling a 3bet, but hating it.

Oh, I almost forgot, depending on the lineup and the PFR% of the table, I muck this preflop.

lf
Old 12-14-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Re: An odd hand... JTc UTG

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would call the turn, and raise the river, planning on calling a 3bet, but hating it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the plan of raising the river, this is what made it clear to me that I should just call on the turn. this way I can see if the board pairs again in which case I'll have to give serious consideration to folding and will at the very least be happy I didn't raise the turn.

In the actual hand, I called the turn by recognizing that a river raise would be better and due to a sense of gloom about my hands chances against his range. Further thought about all the combinations that drew out with the turn A led my to just call the river.

-Eric