Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: What could Dannenman have put Hachem on in the last hand?

[ QUOTE ]
Chip stacks if Dannenmann had folded after Hachem's re-raise on the turn:

Hachem: T43,045
Dannennmann: T13,300

[/ QUOTE ]

Some think that Dannenmann was pot committed after his T5M bet. That was a good point, if he had put in half his stack, as most had assumed (7.5 million of a 16M stack). But because Dannenmann won a head-s up T4M pot earlier, he didn't put in half his stack. He only put in a third of his stack. (7.5 million of a 20 million stack). He could have folded here and waited for something stronger than a pair of aces. He could have just called Hachem's T2M bet and found out if he rivered a straight.

Remember that, even though Hachem was the big stack, he wasn't using it to bully Dannenmann. He didn't PF raise any of the heads-up hands.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no keysar thats not what i said. but based on the tiny fraction of what i saw it wasnt even close to being called a world series. it was not good poker play based on the hands they saw fit for tv which means all the other ones were much worse if thats possible. an i have played with barch before an he is a decent player an hachem has some skill. but i would still sit down with these 9 including mike m. and feel comfortable with my skill level
[ QUOTE ]
i think that this is probably the ugliest play ive seen at a final table ever. what i wouldnt of gave to play with these 9 "very nice" poker players. the only two i give any respect for(and it aint much other than the fact they all made it through a sea of players) is hachem an tex and of course mike m. the rest of these guys musta had some super great runs.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its cool your so comfortable with your skill level after all those $10 sng's.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post3646762

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 11-30-2005, 11:35 PM

I just read an article on ESPN.com. If you can't find it I'll try to find it for you. Dannenman basically felt there was a good chance he was beat by two pair or similar hand. However, he felt he had the open ended straight draw out, the two pair out and another A. It didn't seem that he did much math/odds on the play, but he was really, really tired and was ready to finish it off one way or the other. Plus he supposedly whispered to Hachem when they went heads-up that he predicted that it would take 5 hands. This was the 6th hand so he felt he would go for it.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:53 AM

you mean the article I just posted 4 above this?
Old 12-01-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
even though Hachem was the big stack, he wasn't using it to bully Dannenmann. He didn't PF raise any of the heads-up hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

they were only heads up for six hands...
Old 12-01-2005, 02:53 AM

If i was dannenman, i woulda put Hachem on 3 pair