Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 08:33 AM

Default Crappy turn card vs. aggro: 20/40 Live

Same game as previous post (4 handed: 1 major fish, 1 tight/abc, 1 tricky/aggro and me). Fish calls UTG, I raise on button with:
Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
ABC SB calls, aggro BB calls.
Flop is:
Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Checked to me, I bet, SB folds, BB raises, fish folds, I call.
Turn is:
J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB check, I bet, BB raises, I fold.
To me, every decision here was standard, but now I'm second guessing myself since I'm not used to playing against tricky aggro players SH (generally, I prefer to leave). What are your default lines?
Old 09-18-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Crappy turn card vs. aggro: 20/40 Live

It'd be great to know what else he's checkraised a pfraiser with. 4 handed would he reraise with QJ, call with Q2? He's definitely coming along with A2s. Is he the type to c/r the flop to disguise his flush draw? In this spot i'd be trying to convince myself this opponent would push his tpnk this hard but most of the hands that would play out this way are ahead of ours.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:29 AM

Default Re: Crappy turn card vs. aggro: 20/40 Live

"4 handed would he reraise with QJ"
No.
"call with Q2?"
If it was suited.
"Is he the type to c/r the flop to disguise his flush draw"
4-handed, who isnt?
"In this spot i'd be trying to convince myself this opponent would push his tpnk this hard but most of the hands that would play out this way are ahead of ours. "
Agreed. This is why I think I wish I'd 3 bet the flop and lead the turn If he then c/rs me, I'm toast and can lay down. If he donks into me on a heart turn I'm not sure what to do but probably fold. If he c/cs turn, I bet most rivers for value. Good?