Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 03:07 AM

Default Re: KK Huge pot everyone is going crazy!

COs line is definitely interesting. If he were pumping a flush draw I think he'd raise the flop, but he calls and when it comes back to him he 3-bets it. So what the hell does he have? Unless he flopped a monster and was slowplaying it, but saw the opportunity to get more bets out of everyone on the flop. What a weird hand.

If UTG+1 is TP then I can safely put him on aces. SBs check-raise has me very worried too. It's a value check-raise, because he knows UTG+1 is the likely flop bettor. SB could have trips, the boat or a flush draw.

Scary hand. Anyway, fold the turn. You need 23:1 for your K outs and you're getting only 12:1 for your money with no guarantee that CO or SB won't 3-bet it behind you so it looks like you're just screwed. Too bad, that's a huge pot.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
COs line is definitely interesting. If he were pumping a flush draw I think he'd raise the flop, but he calls and when it comes back to him he 3-bets it. So what the hell does he have? Unless he flopped a monster and was slowplaying it, but saw the opportunity to get more bets out of everyone on the flop. What a weird hand.

If UTG+1 is TP then I can safely put him on aces. SBs check-raise has me very worried too. It's a value check-raise, because he knows UTG+1 is the likely flop bettor. SB could have trips, the boat or a flush draw.

Scary hand. Anyway, fold the turn. You need 23:1 for your K outs and you're getting only 12:1 for your money with no guarantee that CO or SB won't 3-bet it behind you so it looks like you're just screwed. Too bad, that's a huge pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my thinking, glad to hear everyone thinks i played it right.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (25 SB) 8, 2, 8 (6 players)
SB checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls

The converter is broken again. Where is your raise?

Fold the turn like you did. Nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to wait till the trun to raise, assuming a safe card fell which obviously didnt. No good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right about waiting for the turn to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot is way too big to try to protect your hand. Raise for value. If the draws hit, then evaluate from there.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are most likely drawing to 2 outs..could be behind anything with an 8, a flush, as well as AA. I would not doubt AA at all wtih the PF cap. So with this I fold. 10.5-1 is not good enough odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Players cap with a lot more then AA.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:07 AM

A cap PF and on the flop and out passive guy is raising still? That's too much to hope that you're ahead here. If you didn't fold out after the turn raise you're just spewing.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A cap PF and on the flop and out passive guy is raising still? That's too much to hope that you're ahead here. If you didn't fold out after the turn raise you're just spewing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I was just pointing out that players, even so called passive ones are capable of capping PF with more hands then just AA.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see a tight passive guy capping two betting rounds with less than JJ. I'd have him on AA/QQ or AKs - AJs. That all depends on the reads you've got on him.
I agree, I was just pointing out that players, even so called passive ones are capable of capping PF with more hands then just AA.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:06 AM

I can't help but believe sb made trips and utg1 just made his flush. I hate folding in the big a pot but i hate donating more even worse. I fold.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:30 AM

I like that you tried to wait for the turn to raise, since a bet on the flop traps everyone for value, but there is even more value on the turn in this huge pot.

However, the flushcard is really scary for you.
SB looks like he has an 8 (c/r the flop) and UTG could have anything.

I think this big pot justifies calling down, cause it's really huge and someone with TT-QQ would play it like that, wouldn't here... The real concern here is SB :/
Old 08-04-2005, 08:39 AM

On the turn, you're beat and drawing to two outs. I'd fold.
Nice table though.