Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 10:11 AM

Default How to play EP...?

6 handed $1/$2 6 max Crypto Table...

I'm in BB with $88....Villain has ~$260, MP $150(ish)

I'm dealt 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]........Villain on button(Tricky, plays wacky hands and is uber aggressive with them, Loose AG) raises to $6, which is pretty much standard raising in this game...for any A or paint cards or suited connectors...and position...

MP1 comes along for the ride after I have called...

3 people see the flop.....6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]...

1. Whats should my action be here ?

I check, MP checks and villain bets $8...Myself and MP both call.

Turn 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, MP checks....he bets $8, I call, MP folds...

River 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Board looks like 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet $8 and he pushes.......My action....??

****Apologies for the way its written - (first advice post)****
Old 06-22-2005, 10:25 AM

Default Re: How to play EP...?

What a foul predicament...You have to call $120 or so on the river? It's very likely he has A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] but i'd think he'd raise a little less on the river if he realized he had a straight flush....I'm very interested to see what he had.....A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6x ??

Edit:

I guess he could have 44 and definitely (probably) not 88 or some crap...

I'm trying to see it from his point of view...He sees your $8 on the river, decides you like your hand, and pushes...It's possible he has the underfull 44466 and thinks you donked into a straight or one-card flush.....interesting hand to ponder anyway.....no other reads on how the guy plays postflop?...Oops, i looked at MP1's stack instead...i haven't slept yet...the pot's around $120 or so that you can touch and you have $50 or so left? I'd probably have to call and live with the results...It'd be real tough
Old 06-22-2005, 10:29 AM

I think you have to call here, this is way more likely to be the naked ace of diamonds than A3 or A8 of diamonds.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:31 AM

I call here - I see him having the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] plenty of times. Its conceivable that he could have the 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or 77, but c'est la vie.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:32 AM

Yeah, but what naked ace of diamonds would the Villlain bet $8 on the flop with after checked to? A weak continuation bet? A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]? A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is possible...
Old 06-22-2005, 10:33 AM

oops...just realized this post is a trick question..."How to play EP"....fold 56s for a raise OOP....Just kidding
Old 06-22-2005, 10:37 AM

Not a trick question but I see your point....

I have tried mixing up my play over the past 6 weeks...and playing hands like these...I know they can be trouble....but I can fold if I don't hit and milk if I do....I'm out of position but this particular table, whoever was the button was raising....to either $4/$6/$7....?
Old 06-22-2005, 10:39 AM

He could easily just be making a continuation bet on the flop, or just betting with the nut flush draw (which is correct to do).
Old 06-22-2005, 10:44 AM

Flop: If he's truly uberaggressive, I would have made a pot sized bet into the flop, hoping that he raises with the intention of re-raising. I think check-calling is a bit weak because you want to (1) bloat the pot (2) make it unprofitable for draws to suck out. I'd look to get all my money in at the flop if possible.
If he has overpairs, he'll raise you. If he has a flush draw, he'll probably call/raise (uberaggressive). If he only calls, I'd push all in on the turn. You still have some outs....
Old 06-22-2005, 11:35 AM

I won't leave this out all afternoon/evening as I was just curious as to what I should have done....

I insta-called as I had convinced myself that he had the naked A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].....

I think I had kind of expected the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to rear its ugly head but apart from 8x 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - I could not see any legitimate combo....

He turned over A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ....... and I scooped ~ $200 pot.....

This was one of them hands where I wished i had a deeper stack, but then I imagine I would have had more problems on flop and turn....

I did make a note on villain that can make wild calls with 4th nut flush, but about the 15th Nut hand.....

Thanks for the replies....