Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2004, 05:51 AM

Default A couple more general questions about high quality hands

I'm going to try to make a general case for my questions rather than post specific hands. Since most of the money isn't lost by monsters it would seem wasteful of space to take up a post with each good hand.

1: I flop the nut straight with AK on a rainbow board. Checked to me on the button, I bet and am checkraised by EP (notes say aggressive postflop). Do I reraise now or call and figure he'll bet into me and raise the turn?

2: Holding KK last to act, four to the flop. Rainbow rags, it's bet to me immediately to the right. Call and raise the turn or raise now and expect to do all the betting from here?

Actually, it's a general question about holding powerful hands where I don't expect my opponents to improve to anything but a draw on the turn (or where the only ones I'm afraid of will be doing the fishing). If I bet with what I'm nearly certain is the best hand and I'm checkraised, should I call and raise the turn or reraise now and show strength? It's probably just a general piece of theory I'm missing but I feel like it's a bit of a hole, especially in the 2/4 games where I'm facing that kind of aggression with anything from the nuts to MPNK.