Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Re: nut flush draw, turn & river questions

thanks for the advice everyone!
Old 12-12-2005, 02:15 PM

I've read the thread, and have a few notes:

Preflop: Axs is a fine limp in the CO with 2 limpers in front of you.

Flop: with a bet and 2 callers in front, Hero's raise is for value. It's tough luck that it got 3-bet to his left and that chased out one of the callers, but that can't be foreseen, and not pumping the nut flush draw on the flop is an enormous mistake. The cap is meh when you're down to 2 opponents...it depends on what your plan for the rest of the hand is, to-wit:

Hero could cap the flop, planning to bet any turn and check behind any river if you don't make your flush. When SB 3-bets the flop I see as possible holdings a worse flush draw, an ace with a paired kicker (prolly AJ), or 2 pair. When he's checked to on the turn, 2 pair goes out the window. So, when it's checked to Hero on the river he's either beat and being set up or everybody will fold to a bet, so he should use his position to do nothing.

Hero could call the flop 3-bet, but that commits him to calling when bet to on the turn, which, in this case, commits him to calling a river bet.

For metagame reasons and because it suits my style better, I choose the first option, but it's really dependent on the particular player, and I don't think it's going to greatly affect Hero's EV one way or the other.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi setzf. Pre flop and flop look good. The turn bet is bad IMO it is not for value and given the flop action it is not likely folding a hand you want to fold. It also opens you up to a check/raise by a made straight and putting two bets in here when you could have taken a free card blows. I would bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put...I agree w/ everything you said, especially the part about the absurd turn bet
Old 12-12-2005, 03:28 PM

nh.

Boz - Do you think there's a difference in the action you'll get when you turn a spade if you call the 3-bet vs capping? I raise the flop, too, but villain's 3-bet pretty much freezes the field. If he donks the turn (as I'd expect), aren't you more apt to trap MP1 for another bet or two if you didn't cap the flop?
Old 12-12-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
flop - CALL! I cannot see a raise here as you have not made your hand. Use your position to raise when the spade hits. DO NOT CAP - that's just spewing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are missing lots of value on your flushes if you are not pumping this pot after a bet & 2 callers. You have position and a draw that will come in 35% of the time. Not raising this flop is a big mistake.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:05 PM

I don't think you are cleaning up any A outs with the turn bet. MP1 looks more like a draw then an A. If he does have an A, it is probably paired, so he is not folding for 1 bet after all the calls he's made so far.
SB looks pretty strong, I am not even sure your A will win if you hit it.

I take the free turn, and call one river bet to you.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:23 PM

IMHO, you made all the right decisions. I'd bet the river here, it is likely you have the best hand. I put SB on a Qx or JT, and MP1 on an OESD and flush draw.

If you are raised by SB, and MP1 folds, call for 1 more bet. If MP1 cold calls SB's raise, throw the hand away. 1 of them is likely to have at least 2-pair in this situation.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he donks the turn (as I'd expect), aren't you more apt to trap MP1 for another bet or two if you didn't cap the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Except who the eff is going to cap the flop with nothing more than a draw? Villan's two-pair/TPTK is still GooT! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]