Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 11:06 PM

Default I know better then to watch this- Poker Royale - pros vs comedians..

first hand two comedians knocked out - LOL - (although one lost when Williamson turned two pair to knock her down) -

hilarious -

RB
Old 08-08-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Re: I know better then to watch this- Poker Royale - pros vs comedians..

what channel?

n/m, i don't have the GSN
Old 08-09-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Re: I know better then to watch this- Poker Royale - pros vs comedians

This shows is worth it for the all too brief glimpes of Lisa Dergan

I mean, Courtney Friel is alright and all but boy did the WPT ever choose the wrong Shana-supplicant
Old 08-09-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: I know better then to watch this- Poker Royale - pros vs comedians..

Did anyone see the one where one comedian bets with 9 high on an ace high flop. The other comedian reraises all-in with AQ and the first one calls with the 9 high, saying "You got me, I was bluffing"
Old 08-09-2005, 09:25 AM

I haven't been very impressed with the play of the pros in these tournaments. The ones who have played best are Laak and Jack Keller's daughter (forget her name). The other ones are just making huge mistakes. Williamson commited himself to playing A8 for all his chips when he flopped an ace in the first level after it was bet and raised to him,(he was dominated but sucked out by turning 2 pair). Williams just tries to bluff the comedians who are all calling stations instead of just playing the ABC poker that is necessary to do well in this format and Kenna James may just be the worst poker commentator I have ever heard. Still, I can't turn this train wreck off.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:43 AM

With actors vs. the pros - half of the 6 actors had some poker skills (Mimi Rogers, Tilly, and Morris Chestnut). I've seen no skill from the comedians - and that is really hard to watch. I like watching celebrity poker when someone at the table has decent skill (if all are completely awful, then it is hard to watch (well, unless there are some hotties)).
Old 08-09-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Still, I can\'t turn this train wreck off

Just like instinctively slowing down near an ambulance and looking for the gore...
Old 08-09-2005, 10:36 AM

As bad as the comedians have been in this, David Williams has been much worse. He constantly tries to bluff the comedians, which is ridiculous because really bad players are too dumb to fold! They'll call him with 5th pair on the board, or sometimes ace high because they don't know any better. Yet show after show he continues to play this way, shouldn't a professional know how to adjust to his opponents a lot better than this?
Old 08-09-2005, 10:58 AM

Default Re: I know better then to watch this- Poker Royale - pros vs comedians

[ QUOTE ]
and Kenna James may just be the worst poker commentator I have ever heard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno - he was pretty funny when he dropped by Live at the Bike a week or two ago. Maybe they just need to get some cocktails in him.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone see the one where one comedian bets with 9 high on an ace high flop. The other comedian reraises all-in with AQ and the first one calls with the 9 high, saying "You got me, I was bluffing"

[/ QUOTE ]

She must have put him 7-2 off lol, that was possibly the worst poker play I've ever seen on tv. Although if Danny Nyugen made that play he catch running 9s to win.