Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 12-18-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Dell Inspiron 9300 vs. Dell XPS M170

I'd appreciate advice/input with respect to these 2 machines. I will be buying a new laptop. I only use 1 computer and since I have used a laptop I'd hate to go back to a desktop. I will use it almost exclusively for web brousing and playing poker. I am interested in these 2 due to the screen resolution.

If there are other laptops with 1600x1200 I should consider that would be great. Is there any advantage to me getting the more expensive machine given my use for the computer? I will also possibly be intested in getting a 21" monitor to go with it, also with the 1600x1200. does this change things or are there other considerations since I might do this? Can I just plug/unplug the second monitor to use only the laptop without complications with set up/etc?
Old 12-18-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Dell Inspiron 9300 vs. Dell XPS M170

The 9300 is fine. M170 is a higher end machine and more than you need for what you're going to use it for. If you were going to use it for gaming, it might make a difference.

Either will accept output to an LCD monitor just fine.