Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market

Old 11-29-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Added Another MREIT

FICC

Fieldstone Board OKs Stock Buyback Program

Warning though, these MREITs are highly leveraged and are risky.

FICC is trading below book value and it's profitable to buy back shares when this is the case. I made a post about this awhile ago showing why this is the case.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Re: Added Another MREIT

I don't know anything about this company, but I worry about MREIT's near future to keep paying consistent dividends. The Fed and the housing market are both starting to work against the sector.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know anything about this company, but I worry about MREIT's near future to keep paying consistent dividends. The Fed and the housing market are both starting to work against the sector.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think the yield curve has been unfavorable for quite some time regarding this group. Anyway the MREIT group buy has worked out so far but who maybe I've taken on too much risk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I just think they've beat up alot and the market has already discounted a slowdown in housing and a flat yield curve for the most part FWIW.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think the yield curve has been unfavorable for quite some time regarding this group. Anyway the MREIT group buy has worked out so far but who maybe I've taken on too much risk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I just think they've beat up alot and the market has already discounted a slowdown in housing and a flat yield curve for the most part FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

MREIT have gotten crushed before. I'm guessing they go thru inevitable boom and bust cycles. Now it seems like the end of the boom, so that means bust is coming up.

I could very well be wrong. But I wouldn't buy these companies unless I was pretty sure they would be increasing there dividends and not decreasing them. They are a no brainer when they are increasing divvy's but like a game of musical chairs when not, because sooner or later your butt is in trouble.

How sure are you that this MREIT will be increasing there dividends this year?