Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 04:31 PM

Default some of my Foxwoods ME hands (rip the donkey who only got 13th)

Was nice meeting yahtzem and stevesbets among others...here are some fun hands to rip apart.

Well lets get this one out of the way first...if I get the numbers wrong i am sure the opponent will correct me.

day 1 100/200

Utg gavin G with 8k or so makes it 800 to go...I have JJ on the button with JJ and 10k chips. I call... have been doing thios with JJ of late..

flop comed 4-6-8 rnbw...gavin bets 1600...I call.

turn comes 5..he checks..i push him allin...he folds, showing KK. I think this couldve played out so many ways if either of us played it any differently on any street. Poker is weird like that.

this is very confusing....

1500/3000 500 ante..

UTG with 100k in chips makes it 13k utg....
Cutoff calls ;eaving him 200k...
I have AK on button and 140k....I call (i have been doing this with ak recently as well)

flop 7-9-10 with 2 herats (mine are black)..

utg leads out for...13k!??

cut off folds...I get confused...and i fold

1200/2400 300 ante....

utg makes it 8000 with 30k total...

I have QQ in mid position...I am again confused...so i push allin for 95k!

all fold to sb who. with his 200k...says "IM ALL IN". utg folds...and somehow the sb only has AK and i double up. Is this as bad as I think? could he call with anything but KK and aa?

down to 2 tables....

6k/12k and 2k ante....

Bill Gazes opens mid postion for 40k...

cut off goes allin for 240k....I have AK in the sb with 400k in chips.

after a 5 minute stall I fold and then the bb with only 80k, folds and shows me QQ!!.

Bill folds and the allin guy shows KK and then yells at the old man for folding queens..and then got double mad for me to fold AK. i told him that we both had the same read on him lol.

3k/6k 1k ante...

I have 66 utg with 140k in chips....

I open for 20k,,,all fold to the sb who is an asian guy who raises every hand and who has 78427354372154721547 chips (doesnt narrow it down much)..he calls (oops)

Flop comes KQ2 with 2 diamonds..he checks!!!!! (a mircale already)

I figure I am semi bluffing here havng all diamonds, 6's, kings, and queens as outs in cae I get called...so I bet 40k...he calls...(double oops).

one of my outs come...the q of spades, he checks!!! so i push allin...

He thinks forever and says "ACE Q DD GOOD SIR", and shows a King, and when he tries to muck the ACE! flips over too. (yikes..can he really fold this)?

sheets
Old 11-18-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: some of my Foxwoods ME hands (rip the donkey who only got 13th)

[ QUOTE ]

1)
day 1 100/200

Utg gavin G with 8k or so makes it 800 to go...I have JJ on the button with JJ and 10k chips. I call... have been doing thios with JJ of late..

flop comed 4-6-8 rnbw...gavin bets 1600...I call.

turn comes 5..he checks..i push him allin...he folds, showing KK. I think this couldve played out so many ways if either of us played it any differently on any street. Poker is weird like that.

2)
this is very confusing....

1500/3000 500 ante..

UTG with 100k in chips makes it 13k utg....
Cutoff calls ;eaving him 200k...
I have AK on button and 140k....I call (i have been doing this with ak recently as well)

flop 7-9-10 with 2 herats (mine are black)..

utg leads out for...13k!??

cut off folds...I get confused...and i fold

3)
1200/2400 300 ante....

utg makes it 8000 with 30k total...

I have QQ in mid position...I am again confused...so i push allin for 95k!

all fold to sb who. with his 200k...says "IM ALL IN". utg folds...and somehow the sb only has AK and i double up. Is this as bad as I think? could he call with anything but KK and aa?

4)
down to 2 tables....

6k/12k and 2k ante....

Bill Gazes opens mid postion for 40k...

cut off goes allin for 240k....I have AK in the sb with 400k in chips.

after a 5 minute stall I fold and then the bb with only 80k, folds and shows me QQ!!.

Bill folds and the allin guy shows KK and then yells at the old man for folding queens..and then got double mad for me to fold AK. i told him that we both had the same read on him lol.

5)
3k/6k 1k ante...

I have 66 utg with 140k in chips....

I open for 20k,,,all fold to the sb who is an asian guy who raises every hand and who has 78427354372154721547 chips (doesnt narrow it down much)..he calls (oops)

Flop comes KQ2 with 2 diamonds..he checks!!!!! (a mircale already)

I figure I am semi bluffing here havng all diamonds, 6's, kings, and queens as outs in cae I get called...so I bet 40k...he calls...(double oops).

one of my outs come...the q of spades, he checks!!! so i push allin...

He thinks forever and says "ACE Q DD GOOD SIR", and shows a King, and when he tries to muck the ACE! flips over too. (yikes..can he really fold this)?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I like.

2) w/ cutoff calling i push here everytime unless i have some crazy read on UTG... or unless i know he is uber-tight.

3) mehhhhh? 25k flat fold to push? 25k flat, call push? mehhhhhh. I dont know ho wthe sb calls here w/ AK.

4) was he super tight? U call me w/ the AK i am sure.... MP raise, CO push for 20bb- I don't wanna fold AK. Your getting almost 1.5-1 on the call (assuming gazes folds- and i think he does a huge % of the time after you call). QQ I almost definitely call here... AK i still probably do.

5) sounds like the type i'd check behind flop to, and give up the hand. Although knowing he would fold AK on that board (info im assuming you didn't have at the start of the hand) i like your line better. SB coldcalls of raises tend to hit KQx flops hard... that or they have some ATo [censored] which they want to c/r flop allin w/ or something. Im a hyperaggro donkey... but i chk behind this flop most of the time if i view opponent as i believe you did when the hand started. Turn push is scary. Nh.

On hand 5 i feel like you had a read of some sort which you didnt include. Curious if thats the case. GJ, nice score!@!
Old 11-18-2005, 04:55 PM

I can't believe the fold on hand 1. I would never put you on a straight or set given that action.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe the fold on hand 1. I would never put you on a straight or set given that action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you joking? Gavin's fold was correct in general.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:09 PM

Why is that? Assuming Gavin knows Sheets can play, why would he overbet the pot with a hand that has Gavin drawing to 2 outs and possibly 0? Wouldn't a great player try and extract a little value here? I'd smell a rat.

Now if he makes a weakish bet, then I could see reason for concern.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming Gavin knows Sheets can play, why would he overbet the pot with a hand that has Gavin drawing to 2 outs and possibly 0? Wouldn't a great player try and extract a little value here?

[/ QUOTE ]

But what if Sheets thought that Gavin would think that and...

I don't think Gavin's fold is bad by any stretch here. Not sure why he'd show though.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is that? Assuming Gavin knows Sheets can play, why would he overbet the pot with a hand that has Gavin drawing to 2 outs and possibly 0? Wouldn't a great player try and extract a little value here? I'd smell a rat.

Now if he makes a weakish bet, then I could see reason for concern.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming gavin didnt know sheets, in which case his fold was standard. Also if gavin knew sheets well his fold was correct imo... the only problem arises if gavin say barely knows sheets, but has heard he is aggressive (he is).
Old 11-18-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But what if Sheets thought that Gavin would think that and...

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about that, but in order for Sheets to be thinking that he'd have to put him squarely on a large pair, which IMO is difficult to do, and doesn't neccessarily lend itself to gavin's large flop bet.

Also, wouldn't you give the Sheets a little less credit for a draw given the fact that he just called a very large bet on the flop? I'm sorry, but I just don't think the pieces add up here enough for me to lay this one down.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:30 PM

hand 1: 2.5 to one on money, even if it is all in, thats a real strong read to fold. I guess gavins not thinking of a smoothcalled TT-JJ, and eliminated that from the range, which leaves callable hands at AA (slowplayed preflop), 88,77,66,55, which leaves 99, QQ (maybe TT) as the only hands that he can beat, given the preflop action. i dont know, i still wouldve called. by the way, calling with JJ to UTG raiser. How do you guys consider that play? its interesting to me. i usually push the action.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:31 PM

we know each other...so much so that when mlg walked by gavin said "man i cant believe i folded an overpair to sheets"...i kinda like the fold.

sheets