Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-02-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Fantasy NBA Picks

I have my draft tomorrow, need some guidance. Whom should I avoid, both early and entirely. Gimme some sleeper picks, mid to late round guys.

Also, I want to see some peoples top 3 picks. Not OVERALL, just imagine if you were drafting. Who would you like to see still around for your 2nd and 3rd picks. league is 9, perhaps 10 teams.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Fantasy NBA Picks

Carmelo Anthony
Joe Johnson

(I rate Carmelo as a second tier guy until he proves himself in the league. He's had some breakout moments, but seems to wear down during the season. Take what I say with a grain of salt though, I don't watch too much NBA)
Old 11-02-2005, 04:21 PM

Vince Carter, Ron Artest. Ironically, I picked these guys by mistake with my first and second picks, but I think I may have made up for it by getting Webber much later than expected.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:53 PM

Elton Brand
Brad Miller
Old 11-02-2005, 04:58 PM

How late of a pick was Carter?
Old 11-02-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How late of a pick was Carter?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I recall correctly Phoenix picked him #13 (1st pick of the 2nd round) in our "fun" 2+2 draft. But apparently he was accidently only looking at best available SFs rather than all players available. This being said, he is still a mid-late 2nd round pick, so the pick wasn't terrible.

Stay away from: Jermaine O'Neal early (low FG% for a big man), Q. Rich until late rounds.

Elton Brand is a 20/10/2.5 stud with good %. I would not avoid him.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vince Carter, Ron Artest. Ironically, I picked these guys by mistake with my first and second picks, but I think I may have made up for it by getting Webber much later than expected.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with Ron? He will put up incredible numbers IMO. Of course there's the psycho factor getting him suspended again but really... could that happen again!?
Old 11-02-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with Ron? He will put up incredible numbers IMO. Of course there's the psycho factor getting him suspended again but really... could that happen again!?

[/ QUOTE ]

No no, Ron is going to be a stud and I'm glad I got him. I picked him with the 12th or 13th pick though which is probably a full round higher than he should have gone. He's kind of a gamble, he could become a top ten player or he could just bust out. If he does what he did at the beginning of last year I'll look like a genius, but it would probably be smarter to spend your top picks on a surer thing.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:24 PM

Jermaine O'Neal will be C eligible soon so he's a good pick anytime after the second round. Same goes for Tyson Chandler, though you should be able to get him even deeper in the draft.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:30 PM

Use the tool at Basketball Monster to help your decisions.

Make sure you don't draft guys who put up numbers in 'sexy' stat categories but kill you with turnovers, low fg%, etc (I'm talking to you, Steve Francis!).

I was able to pick up Webber in the 8th round in my Yahoo league. After his monster game last night, that might not be possible.

Donyell Marshall is always an efficient all around player, and will usually be available mid-late. Others in this category are Drew Gooden, Raef Lafrentz, and Shane Battier.