Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: flops a monster....

Wow!! Shania!
Im gonna call her Denise, id much rather please Denise Richards than Shania Twain.LOL
Old 06-07-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow!! Shania!
Im gonna call her Denise, id much rather please Denise Richards than Shania Twain.LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Blasphemer. Shania isn't about you, it's about that greater realm of poker truth that us mere mortals can someday dream of living in.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:26 PM

LOL
Old 06-07-2005, 03:33 PM

Well I don;t remember specifics but I do remember that...

- I wasn't that deep
- I had KK and the board was all unders

and most importantly

It's HARD to put someone on quads.

Think about it - flop comes 644, turn is a 9 - it's not easy to simply let go of KK here.

Of course there are other factors such as image, stack sizes, reads, etc that I don't specifically remember.

Afterall, the fact that the board is paired makes it LESS likely that your opponent has a set.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, the flop CR is sweet too. i forgot to mention that in my above post.

personally, i lead at more flops than i CR, so i would lead that one, but you seem to CR more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm usually a leader w/ any hand I'm willing to put my stack in with (monster or great draw), + some bluffs that I'll fold if I get any action from (or go for barrell #2 if called). If I CR flop, it's usually because I read weakness somewhere and it usually = weakness for me, so it's something I may change in the future. w/ 100BB stacks, maybe a CRish strategy could work well, have never used it that much though.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am i the only one who checkraises the flop with air and draws and feels obligated to please the woman (shania) by check raising big hands here followed by a check on the turn?

Also, you almost always get a continuation bet HU vs decent opponents so you do win something. I wouldnt recommend leading here unless you lead a lot.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line the most.. by far. C/R the flop and then check to him to induce another bet/bluff.

Screw the Check/Call Weak Bet Turn. This by far is the best line.

Blackjack
Old 06-07-2005, 04:32 PM

Def. don't C/R the flop unless you want to put him on the defensive.

Agreed. I lead this flop for sure. PFR will either call or raise. If he calls, I'll lead the turn unless the flush card comes in which case - depending on how many remain in the pot - I might shoot for a check raise or check call lead river looking to get raised. If he raises, I call and lead the turn looking for him to move hard on me with an overpair.

Kado, you're going to get a continuation bet out of him.. and then another one of the turn easily

Easily? If you're PFR and someone limped and cold called your raise and that flop came out and he check called your flop bet, you wouldn't get a little suspicious? He's either on a flush draw or a solid hand. If that's the case, I want that pot pretty small (maybe I make a flush draw pay, but I don't want a big pot from him...someone solid suddenly turning passive sends up warning flags for me).

Disagree? What line would you take to extract the most money out of him when he has a hand?

Lead flop and call the raise, then lead the turn. My guess is it goes like this:
Flop: Bet 100, raise to 300, call...
Turn: Bet half his stack, he'll most likely move in, and if he just calls you just bet the rest on the river.

I wouldnt recommend leading here unless you lead a lot.

I definitely understand this point, but I lead out a ton so for me it would send up red flags for most players if I'm limping along.

Then again I tend to get paid off huge with hands like these...

- C -