Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 10:21 AM

Default How do I get away from this or dont I?

1/2 NL Turning Stone

UTG+1 with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I raise to 12, folded to MP calls, Button Calls, Sb calls and says "You get no respect" while throwing 12 in.

flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] SB bets 20 (fairly tight player but has stubborn spurts, this could be one of them) I raise to 60....folded SB moves all in for 250 he has be coverd I have around 180. Your Move?
Old 06-01-2005, 10:33 AM

Default Re: How do I get away from this or dont I?

How do I get away from this or dont I? Easy he has a set or KK AA. Fold or he has KQ suited, all hands you are losing to in the long run.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:40 AM

SB bets 20 (fairly tight player but has stubborn spurts, this could be one of them) I raise to 60....folded SB moves all in for 250 he has be coverd I have around 180.

I have yet to understand why people can't let go of a hand, but this is a case where you've gotta look at what your opponent is telling you.

His bet could be saying "I have something, so if you have nothing then get out of my way."

Then you raise him, saying "You might have something, but my PF raise wasn't BS and I've got something good."

Then he reraises you, saying "You might have something good, but I've got legit power."

Now, obviously it could be a lot of things, including him representing something like a draw or whatever. But all you have is TPTK. His reraise to me is screaming one of two things:
- Something that beats TPTK.
- A huge draw.
Hell, it could even be some sort of combo of the two (like K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] as was mentioned).

You'll lose almost all of the first case hands, and you'll lose probably 35% of the second case hands. If it's 50/50 between the two, you're gonna lose about two thirds of the hands you're playing, you're not getting 2 to 1 from the pot, and more than that I don't think it's 50/50 that he's on a made hand I think it's higher than that he's made.

Your opponent's telling you you're beat and you have what can only be described as a marginal holding. This should be a fold that you should think through, but should be easy to lay down.

- C -
Old 06-01-2005, 11:36 AM

Small bet + reraise allin = monster.

He has you beat 75%, and 25% it's a coinflip vs his monster draw.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:55 AM

1. wrong forum

2. [ QUOTE ]
Now, obviously it could be a lot of things, including him representing something like a draw or whatever. But all you have is TPTK. His reraise to me is screaming one of two things:
- Something that beats TPTK.
- A huge draw.
Hell, it could even be some sort of combo of the two (like K Q as was mentioned).

[/ QUOTE ]

The TS 1/2 is a joke, TPTK against most players there is gold. If he's fairly tight folding may be correct, but IN THAT GAME, I'd probably call and expect to win.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:38 PM

The TS 1/2 is a joke, TPTK against most players there is gold.

Read I guess dictates it. I've never played at TS so I can't speak for how good or bad that game is. Regardless though, most situations you run into where someone makes this sort of play against you will find you flipping your cards up as a big dog. This is a hand I can get off of pretty easily without a strong read on the opponent telling me I'm best.

- C -
Old 06-01-2005, 01:16 PM

Wrong forum, what makes you think 1/2 $100 max buy in is "high stakes"? I've played in this game before and this, for me, would be an insta-call....expect him to flip over something like queen-deuce.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wrong forum, what makes you think 1/2 $100 max buy in is "high stakes"? I've played in this game before and this, for me, would be an insta-call....expect him to flip over something like queen-deuce.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good stuff. Sometimes i miss 1/2 $100 max.