Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 12-28-2005, 03:57 PM

Default the god who wasn\'t there

Just wondering if anyone has seen or heard of this film? It sounds interesting if not wholly impartial. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Any reviews from the SMP posse?

the god movie
Old 12-28-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: the god who wasn\'t there

Looks like some exaggerated, sensational information that's designed to push an agenda. Very propaganda.

But it's arguing for a cause that I support, so more power to it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2005, 07:49 PM

I haven't seen it. I know a few people who've seen it, and they all said it was entertaining. Even the devout Christians.

Sam Harris and Earl Doherty are two of the people interviewed, and I'm a fan of their work in general. So I'll make an effort to see it at some point. (I doubt Blockbuster will carry it, so I'll probably have to order it from Amazon.)
Old 12-28-2005, 09:38 PM

I think I have to watch this now. I really hope they interview some of the hilarious right-wingers like John Hagee [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2005, 10:30 PM

Sounds interesting, the only thing I didn't like in the promo was how talked about how Jesus's story had been played out before. Sure that might be true but that shouldn't discount what Jesus's life was about and the moral of the story from his life. If they are using that piece as an argument point to prove that fundamental christians are crazy then have at it IMO, but there are still some good things to take away from the Jesus story.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they are using that piece as an argument point to prove that fundamental christians are crazy then have at it

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's the point, and I'm always happy to see it made [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]