Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 01:08 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Default sailboats in MP

Live 10/20

this hand happend last night. very good table. lots of loose/passives. villain in this hand is pretty horrible. sees probably 80% of the flops. never raises pf, but is a fairly aggressive semibluffer(whether he realizes it or not) postflop.

UTG(villain) calls, UTG+1 calls, i call with 44, co calls, button calls, sb completes, bb checks.

7 to the flop:

662 rainbow

blinds check, UTG bets, 1 fold to me, i raise. folded to UTG who calls.

turn: 5 completing the rainbow

UTG checks, i bet, UTG calls...this is the last bet i am putting in barring a non-4 or 3 river.

river-2 of something i don't remember

UTG bets, i fold.

thoughts?
Old 12-21-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Re: sailboats in MP

Yeah, he has a 2 here a fair portion of the time, but IMO he will have air here enough to make calling profitable. I tend to look people of the villain's description up on the river a lot as these type love to gaybet rivers with a ton of crap you are beating.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:51 PM

My guess is he has a deuce, Ace, or is slowplaying a 6. You say he's horrible, which makes this more difficult to surmise.

Could his river bet be a bluff? I don't see why he wouldn't try to check raise you with a 6 or 2, given the way you've played the hand. But again, you say he's not that good a player so no telling what he's thinking. By my count, you're getting 8.5-to-1 to call his river bet and close the action. Close, but I'd call and make him show.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:16 PM

UTG could be limping UTG with a suited Ace no? If he's horrible, I guess he could have a 2 or 6, but isn't your hand worth calling one bet on the river in case it's an Ace?
Old 12-21-2005, 03:45 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

okay, so i did call the river bet. he had A2o. i was curious as to how many of you would have called as it seemed so apparent to me given the way he played the hand that he had a deuce. as my description of this player was less informative than my read on him at the time, it is understandable that some doubt as to his hand would exist to justify calling with ~8-1(w/rake). online i would not even think about it, i would autocall because people do such goofy things in cyberspace. what about the flop? i figured since i was viewed by the table as "tight" my raise would mean business to anyone without a six, which would get lots of hands out that i wanted out. on the turn i was in a "bet/fold" state of mind as if he had a six the way i played would set a c/r up perfectly for him. anyone check the turn to 1)draw for free and 2)induce a bluff? it would also be a great way to lose less when behind. thing about that is, i can't stand to give a free card when so many overs could kill my hand(this may be the wrong way to think because really only the overs in his hand could hurt unless the 5 paired, but anyway).