Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 06:08 AM

Default Re: What just happened with me and this girl??

So I assume making a move = kissing her? Any way to make that happen more smoothly than just going for it sometime when we happen to be looking at each other?

I'll have to call her, finals are next week so I won't be seeing her around at all.

I'm not religious, and do drink, but unless she'd judge me badly because I differ from her in those areas (she doesn't seem like the snooty type to do that at all) then I don't think it should be a problem, as long as she respects my decisions and beliefs just like I respect hers.

And yeah, I'm not a pro with girls...that's why I'm asking. I have the guts, I'm just too analytical about [censored] like this and never know how to go about doing it.

BEP, you ever go to Chumash? I'm up in SLO.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:10 AM

there's lots on this already in here. Search for me or dominic or alobar for threads that talk about dates/girl issues (not necessaily for our advice, mind, but to help locate threads on it, and see the range of advice).

Or try finding 'one armed wussy hug' thread.

BEP + others pretty much said it tho - confidence + boldness is key.

who dares wins, Rodders!
Old 12-03-2005, 09:07 AM

Arm around = good. establish body contact.
Call to see if she wants to get together after finals. Make it a date, not hanging out.
Those 'good girls' can surprise you on how freaky they will get.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is where it gets confusing: I thought that putting my arm around her, and her accepting it, was kinda establishing "hey, I kinda like you, you kinda like me, that's cool, let's do this again sometime." But when we get to her car, she's just like "Have a good break if I don't see you again (break starts Dec. 10), and call me if you want to play basketball some time, or if you go skiing in Oregon" (we'll be about two hours away from each other over winter break, and there's a ski place in between that we each said we might go to). I was expecting something more like "yeah, let's hang out again soon."

[/ QUOTE ] you are obssesing over her every move way to much. what i mean is, you are looking for meaning in everything she does/does not do. take it easy. you have said she is religious/doesn't drink. both of these variables suggest she is not that well versed in smoothly picking up a guy she's into. it's a losing game to try and anylize her every move, looking for meaning. i think the arm around the shoulders on the couch was a smooth play. keep it up. call her and see if she wants to watch another movie with you. worst that happens is she says no. if she says yes, step it up a little. also, just because she's religious doesn't mean sh'll turn out to be a total prude. college is where sheltered religious girls turn over a new leaf. i mean you prolly wont SIIHP next time you hang out, but i'd guess you can get some quick action if that's the goal.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:02 AM

You already messed up by not making a move, but you might be able to save it with something the next time you see each other, I say call her up and ask her to dinner.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:05 AM

I dont see any possible near-future labia contact if thats your question.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:13 AM

WWJD?
Old 12-03-2005, 10:23 AM

Sorry man, but the arm around shoulders thingy doesn't really mean alot here i think. Some girls just like snuggling.. It does however mean that she doesn't find you directly repulsive, which is a good thing i guess.

Good luck though.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:49 AM

Shes probably a cuddle whore, you NEEDED to make a stronger move on the couch. You didnt [censored] up your chance completely, but before you break you need to do something to let her know how you feel...Ie ram your toungue down her throat (jk). But something to keep her excitied while you two are on vaca.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
she wants you but she wants you to make the move. You have one shot i.e. the next time you see her. Don't eff this one up.

[/ QUOTE ]

well said, you missed this opportunity...if a girl wants to spend time with you she will make excuses to, like the line where she says she is still too tired to play ball but still wanted to hang out. If she wanted to shine you off she would've said "I'm too tired to play ball, we'll hang out another time"

Simple as that, don't be such a pussy or wimp = woussy