Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-18-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: some of my Foxwoods ME hands (rip the donkey who only got 13th)

Hand 2 - I think the standard line is to reraise here, and it looks like pretty much anything pot commits you. With no read on UTG and that much dead money in the pot it's tempting.

As the hand played out I don't think you can fold, you probably have the best hand here, and are getting excellent odds if you don't. I'd be tempted to just flat call here and try to win this one on the turn, as any flop raise that could get my opponent to fold overcards pretty much commits me to the hand. [edit] The more I think about calling the turn, the less I like it.. Waiting for some of the experts to chime in here with a better line.

Hand 3 - Seems ok to me. I'm not sure I like the SB's push behind, but a lot of that depends on his perception of you.

Hand 4 - I think you can discount some of those outs, mainly the flush cards. I like the bet on the flop as it could fold a lot of hands that are ahead. The turn took major balls, I can't believe he folded AK.. wow. nice hand and nice score.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:48 PM

Hi Sheets,

1) Is this a full fledged bluff here? I couldn't really tell. I'd assume so because you can't expect a call from anything you beat.

2) I like reraise to 50-55k here. I can't see folding, and calling leaves you in this exact position far too often. This hand gets very tricky and gets you lost when you just call here. I'd actually prefer folding preflop believe it or not.

3) I think it's fine. I don't know that I'd shove all in as opposed to reraising to 25k, but it really worked out for you as you probably would have ended up folding the best hand given the SB's play.

4) Standard.

5) Sick play. I'm also surprised you got away with it.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:15 PM

1) his push folds out a bunch of overcards. I don't think it is a bluff, per say, but Gavin is waving the white flag, so Sheets obliges and takes the pot from him. The strange part is Gavin waving the white flag.

2) Why not call with AK in postition? But it does become a hit or miss propostition. At least, until he gives you the odds to chase and see what the turn brings. Who knows, maybe he will give up like Gavin did. I call this bet.

3) Yeah, he can let this one go. You have 30BBs and are pushing over a short-stack raise. This screams mid-PP. I don't think AQ does this much, nor do other hands. That you have QQ is a little strange, but I guess it is the upper bound of this move. But yeah, I'd do some math with my AK, and if it was sooted and I was a fan of variance for variance's sake, I'd call. But I'm not, so I don't.
I think the pot odds get you there for AKs. Slightly +EV.

4) This is definately a call if it is sooooted (or push). 240 to you, 310 in the pot. Even offsuit is a call. Unlike the previous hand, AQ/AJ are candidates here. The guy has 20BBs, he needs to pick up some of these types of pots. I'm surprised by your fold, QQs fold, but strange things happen in live tournies. Well, it worked out for you, so good.

5) Yeah this is very very strange. No he shouldn't fold. His read of AdQd is uber-bizarre. Your play is fine. It probably gets him to fold 77-JJ, shuts out AJ, and may even fold a weak king. You got handed a gift though.

Congrats on the tourney! 13th is awesome, though I know how much it sucks to get so close to the FT and not make it.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:42 AM

1)i liked how you played it, i smoothcall w/ JJ there too (well not always, but sometimes). Does he know who you are? I dont think i like his play here, maybe i'm just tired, but it doesnt seem like you'd be playing many hands w/ a 7 in them, and he's getting like 1.75:1 (unelss i counted it up wrong in my head, ,too lazy for calculator).. i think i call in his spot.

2) that's a big bet, i can't see him doing that w/ AA or KK, i say that knowing nothing about the guy, but whatever. I think i like a push here. But since you called, i probably fold that flop too.

3) good fold, a raise and a push is proabbly bad for your hand, but considering he opened from MP and he's a pro (so probably somewhat aggro) i might be pushing here.

4) i like the raise pf, but i don't get your logic on the flop, what makes you decide which are "outs", this seems reckless, but i'm sure you had good reasoning.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:49 AM

my goodness, gavin G mucking KK there.. impressive. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]