Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Re: DUCK IS AT STARS 500K FINAL TABLE (10:50 EST)

I realize this is slightly off topic, and I apologize if I bothered anyone by posting, being that Duck contributes a lot to the forum and is well known in MHNL community I thought most would want to know/cheer her on at the final table...
Old 10-23-2005, 11:36 PM

aiight, i'll chime in about this tourney.

thanks for the support everyone who was sweating and rooting for me, it really helps... right now i'm high on adrenaline as despite frequently helping/sweating my friends, i haven't played many tourneys and this is my first tourney cash so it's a good one to cash in.

my thoughts are... luck is huge i guess. i was lucky to only get in 4 situations where i had to rely on luck for all of my chips. i was card dead most of the night and early on my steals were all getting called so it looked like it would be a short night, but a couple key all ins for all my chips kept me alive.

early on i made a bad read and pushed all in with 55, to flop a set of 555 vs kk. that doubled me up.

next one is in mid-tourney, i limp KQs utg with about 15bb's left. folded to SB who pushes, then BB who also pushes. i put SB on some sort of weak aces and BB on apocket pair or an ace as well and decide to make the call for a total of 8bb's or so. sure enough it is AJo and 66, i spike a K to do pretty well.

3rd is table is pretty weak, blinds 10/20k and i have 200k, i push utg with J7s since blinds and antes were about 35k. sb looks me up with KQs and i flop two pair... that was huge.

lastly i had QQ v AKs all in preflop and AK flops a flush draw but i still take it down.

otherwise i think just a lot of steals and resteals. most every time i raised with trash i took it down (which was all too frequently. my fave was i am talking to azk on IM and he's asking me about my cards, and i look down to ANOTHER 27o, so im facing a button minraise and ihave about 11 big blinds and i say to azk ya know i think i'm going to push. so i push to take it down. gotta love 27o) so i guess my J7s was a doyle-esque freeroll, a la super system. i played a pretty solid game and had luck on my side which is always important. (i think i still prefer cash games!) of course i couldn't stop luck from knocking me out, but it's nice to finally have a decent finish so thanks guys for the support [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2005, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
she just got knocked out QQ spiked on her AA.

[/ QUOTE ]
bogus. but still, wtg duck.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
More and more I'm beginning to think some posts are more likely to be considered acceptable if the creater and subject of the thread are in the 'in crowd'

For example, if it wasn't Ray Zee who created a thread about Diablo et al which could have been a PM, I think it would have been locked/deleted/critized

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont see whats wrong with this.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I realize this is slightly off topic, and I apologize if I bothered anyone by posting, being that Duck contributes a lot to the forum and is well known in MHNL community I thought most would want to know/cheer her on at the final table...

[/ QUOTE ]

Is Duck a her? I would never have guessed!
Old 10-23-2005, 11:58 PM

didn't say there was
Old 10-24-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
More and more I'm beginning to think some posts are more likely to be considered acceptable if the creater and subject of the thread are in the 'in crowd'

For example, if it wasn't Ray Zee who created a thread about Diablo et al which could have been a PM, I think it would have been locked/deleted/critized

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w/ you. This is the second thread AZK has posted recently that I think should have been locked/deleted. There are forums for this kind of crap.

Ray Zee has special privileges. He can post whatever he wants anywhere, as chances are near 100% it is either great stuff or will lead to great stuff.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:15 AM

And she's hot, too.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And she's hot, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. At least this post was somewhat relevant. Last week there was a thread that looked something like this:

----
Subject: KKF
Body: Hope you didn't tilt after taking that one outer. That was brutal.
------

Posts like that are why we started using moderators in the first place!
Closed Thread