Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: 2 sites I found that are similar to PSO/Boogster. Are they reputab

[ QUOTE ]
I have done 8 Pso promotions so far with very little problems.
I had just signed up for the party Rakeback the month it got cancelled and they credited me with the points for doing the promo. Party is the one who cancelled the rakeback not PSO.

Pso try's very very had to take care of thier customers.
Now are they always perfect No, But who is ?????

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I would chime in here in PSO's defense. I have also done 6 or 7 promos through them and am very happy with their service. From PSO I have recieved a $500 party gift certificate, a 500 chipset, and a few books.

Whenever there were issues, PSO did what needed to be done to remedy the situation. I have made many referrals to the InstantBankroll and other PSO promos. All of them have been happy.

However, I am also disappointed with your response to this customer PSO. I'm not sure what the best way to handle the situation would be, but surely this isn't it.

Satisfied Customer
xigxag
Old 09-05-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: 2 sites I found that are similar to PSO/Boogster. Are they reputab

[ QUOTE ]
The big loser here is PSO--everybody has disagreements and conflicts; consequently any thinking person is interested in how a prospective business partner handles conflicts.

Threaten to call a lawyer? I don't think there are too many of us who want to do business with somebody who has to resort to this.

You seem to have forgotten the old adage about "the customer is always right". It doesn't really matter how much of a fruitcake you think the OP is, your place is to be polite and respectful and accomodating--just to get rid of him with minimal hassle, if nothing else.

Instead you come across like Mr. Bigshot who doesn't have to take guff from anybody, by God you'll make him pay for slamming your operation, etc.

Yeah, well, you'll lose a lot of business this way. I think it's called "being right, dead right, but just as dead as if you were wrong." [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly, 100 percent, correct.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Our final response to this no win situation and total mess.

First, I want to thank Tk79 for his post. While totally inappropriate, it’s 100% applicable to this and made me chuckle for the first time in a couple of days. However, we still haven’t learned our lesson and are going to make one final post in this thread. Second, after reading some of the replies here, it’s apparent that some of you haven’t read our all other posts. We encourage you to do so before you make your comments. Contrary to what some of you think, we actually welcome your feedback; we just think you should be well informed when you make these comments. When we see some of the comments here, it’s obvious that you don’t have the whole story.

Now that we got that out of the way….

The purpose of this post to have everyone to understand our point of view. While we don’t expect everyone to agree with us, we want everyone to know where we are coming from. There has been a lot of criticism in this thread about Poker Source Online not respecting the original poster’s opinion and attacking someone for speaking their opinion. There has also been a lot of criticism of PSO being all “high and mighty” and thinking our “poop don’t stink”.

The first thing we want to get across is that we have NO problem with someone speaking their mind about Poker Source Online. While we do our best in every possible way to make sure when someone does say something about PSO, it’s positive. BUT, it’s impossible to make everyone happy and the fact is we ARE human, so not everything always goes 100% perfect. We also rely on a lot of partners to give us information so we can do our job. While this isn’t ultimately the customer’s responsibility, it is something we struggle with everyday. You might be thinking, how can we say all this without being hypocritical when we basically attacked the original poster? Well, this is the Internet folks, and along with it comes a lot of challenges. They include people misrepresenting themselves, people scamming us, people copying our ideas, people PMing our customers about other offers, and the list goes on and on. We’ll get back to some of these other points later, but….. The reason the original poster was attacked is because we knew he was LYING, and that is one thing we just cannot tolerate! Nothing pisses us off more, or faster than someone spreading lies about us and trying to destroy everything we have worked so hard to build. This isn’t the first time we have been falsely attacked, and I’m sure it will not be the last. It just boggles our mind that people are ok with this!!!!!!! You didn’t see us attacking other posters in this thread for speaking their mind, but the things they said were 100% true. The best we can do is respond to them, help them, and apologize to them if necessary. I guess the next question is how could we attack the original poster in a guilty before proven innocent fashion? Well, what he was saying just wasn’t possible. There is just no way on the face of this earth that someone would email us 37 times, and there is no way on the face of this earth that we wouldn’t give someone a free gift that was coming to them. That might make us sound “high and mighty” but it’s the truth folks! We take care of our customers plain and simple! We didn’t build a HUGE customer base (90% by word of mouth) by not taking care of people or screwing people! If we had ANY doubt, trust us, we would have inquired before doing anything. As it turns out, we were right. Not only did the original poster get everything that was promised to him, it wasn’t even a Poker Source Online transaction. It was an eBay transaction, but nonetheless it was with the founders of PSO and a similar offer. The thing is eBay is a little bit different. First of all, it is customary, and it was a part of the terms of our auction to pay within 10 days. Anyone who has done eBay knows this to be true. Well, the original poster didn’t “pay” for his auction (by depositing at the poker room) for almost a month, much longer than the customary payment timeframe. Since this has already been covered, long story short, the poker room canceled the deal with us, we still honored the transaction, one of the customer’s books were lost in the mail (twice), and the entire transaction took under a month from the time he deposited to the time his second book showed up. One final point on this transaction: Yes, 37 emails did exchange hands during this transaction, but only 12 of them where after the customer deposited and all the emails were answered within 24 hours. So in final on this topic, I think we were 100% justified in defending ourselves in this case. We have a right to do that and as you read further in this post you will also come to understand why we are so “touchy” when it comes to this.

Now, you might think the main purpose of Poker Source Online is to send free gifts to people in exchange for signing up for online poker. Well, as we mentioned before, this is the Internet, and while sending free gifts to customers might have been our primary objective at one time, it’s now defending ourselves and our partners against scammers, liars, and cheats. Yes folks, it happens, and not just once a month, but SEVERAL TIMES A DAY. That’s not a typo, several times a day. So, as you can imagine, we have become very accustom to this and have adapted quite well to smelling this out. It’s almost instinctive at this point. While most of these “attacks” are quite private, some of them to become public. We have defended ourselves of this in the past and will continue to do so in the future. However, it’s still amazing to me how quickly people side with the original posters in these cases so quickly and usually without question. Again, this is the Internet everybody and I encourage you to not side against PSO or other companies so quickly. The most recent “big” attack was a customer who attacked us by saying that we gave crappy service to the handicap and made fun of them. People immediately jumped down our throat, people vowed to never us PSO again (even long time customers), people threatened to turn us into the BBB, etc. It was unbelievable. However, we defended ourselves and people continued to pour in to tell us how poorly we handled the situation. After all, this guy was a customer! But, the way that it turned out in the end was this customer stole his father’s identity, we caught him, and he used his poor father’s handicap to bash PSO. It was a scam all along and we knew it from the start, still it was bad business practice to defend ourselves of these lies?

To build on the above, we didn’t know what to think when these posts and PM’s starting happening here on 2+2. Since we have so many scams happen to us, to the point where we are almost paranoid about it, we really just didn’t know what to think. What this really a customer? Was this a competitor trying yet again to make us look bad? Who knows... It sure wouldn’t be the first time a competitor has used less than ethical means to compete against us. After all, the competitor mentioned in this thread has a long history with PSO. We first ran into him on eBay where he copied our auctions, along with all of our pictures, literally word for word. In fact, the copying was so grievous that eBay canceled all of his auctions. Well, here we are almost 18 months later and he has most all of our graphics on his site and the layout is almost exactly the same. Don’t believe us? Take a look around with the sites side by site. While most of this is hard to prove, the most glaring evidence is their Party Poker review where Mike’s fiancée is winning the hand at the table with a Royal Flush! Yup, MYEH818 is one of the partner’s of PSO’s fiancée! There she is playing at the Party Poker table, but wait, it’s our copyrighted graphic on their site. We’re sure this will change shortly, don’t worry, we have a screen shot. We’re sure there will be plenty of you that will think it’s inappropriate to even post this here, and that’s fine - you are entitled to your opinion. The fact of the matter is it is true and we too smart to say anything that is remotely slanderous and risk any legal problems. Fact is not slanderous. We know that competition is only natural (we welcome it because it makes us strive to be better), but don’t insult us by ripping off our content that we worked so hard to do! Let me give you an example…. McDonald’s had a great idea with their fast food restaurants. Well, now there is Burger King, Wendy’s, Roy Rogers, etc. Nothing wrong with that. However, you don’t see Burger King with the same exact menu, the same exact colors, same exact cooking methods, etc. You also don’t see executives from Burger King standing inside McDonalds passing out flyers to their establishment. You don’t hear of Burger King Executives calling McDonald’s business partners and spreading lies about them. Well, PSO has been the victim of various competitors who have stolen our content, private messaged hundreds of our customers, who have post lies about us in forums, and who have spread lies about us to our partners. What our competitors don’t know is that we aren’t stupid. We have very loyal customers that tell us about these things and have an IT background with the ability to extract this info from our database and save it for later if need be. We also have really good relationships with our partners and they share things with us they probably shouldn’t – like emails sent in confidence to bash and spread lies about PSO! This is something that happens on a fairly regular basis and is an added reason why we are so quick to defend ourselves. After 18 months of these types of events it’s easy to be skittish about anything that happens surrounding us. We put a lot of hard work into this business and all of our ideas, content, and graphics are 100% original. It’s very frustrating to have them simply ripped off or people lie to further their own good.

In closing we would like to say this: Everyone was quick to commend the OP for telling the truth and exposing the situation (which wasn’t really the truth). How come it’s inappropriate for us to tell the TRUTH? Was this an inappropriate way to handle this situation? Maybe. However, it would have meant continued false attacks against PSO. Again, this is the Internet, but behind PSO are real people who are VERY dedicated to what we do. We have real feelings and are VERY proud of what we have accomplished. We are also VERY dedicated to our customers. We also have a lot of pride and continued unfounded attacks against PSO are just not something we can accept. We DO operate with the philosophy of the customer is always right, but we don’t respond well to lies, unreasonableness, threats, extortion, scam, or blackmail. Almost all of these attributes have been exhibited here. Finally, we know that very few people have gotten to this point in this post, for crying out loud we basically wrote a novel. However, if you have gotten this far, we thank you for reading. It feels good to get this off our chest and we hope you have come to understand what it’s like to live a day in the live of an Internet business. We know that you might not agree with everything, but we thank you for reading nonetheless.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Our final response to this no win situation and total mess.

wow quite a story I found it interesting how pso started on ebay. Is that story detailed anywhere on the pso site I would lke to read more sounds fascinating. Keep up the good work I for one think you have every right to defend yourselves. My final word is give us: MORE AND BIGGER FREEROLLS lol
Old 09-05-2005, 02:17 PM

Wow, very informative post. The fact you go into soo much detail and effort to show your side of the story shows how much you care about your customers and your reputation. I have done 2 promos with your site and was very pleased.

My only problem is you don't, at least to my knowledge, list on your site where you company is based (USA?), and what kind of company you are (partnership, LLC, C-corp). This was the only thing that made me a bit afraid to try your service. It just made me think you were trying to hide something. I think adding this info would add legitimacy to your business.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We take care of our customers plain and simple! We didn’t build a HUGE customer base (90% by word of mouth) by not taking care of people or screwing people!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
How did you hear about us? There is a good chance it was from a friend or an online forum because Poker Source Online gets 45% of its business by word of mouth. (link)

[/ QUOTE ]
Now I don't know what to believe! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Sorry, I couldn't pass a teasing opportunity up!
Old 09-05-2005, 07:03 PM

Great story, i think i just wasted 1.5 hrs of my life. For what it's worth, going back to the original quesiton, I have tried the third tenor [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], boogster.com, and i have received my 3 gifts from them through several signups. Good customer service and fast delivery.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:47 AM

way too much info, PSO... no way in hell my lazy ass is going to read all that.

You guys hooked me up on the few deposits I hadn't made already... my timer works flawlessly and the books I got with my amazon gift card are exactly the same books I could order from 2+2. Perfect service, will buy from this seller again! A++++++++++++++

That said, please RE: the above .jpg

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Although I didn't read your last post, most of this thread could be summed:

Him: U skrewed me!
U: Prove it!
Him: NO!
U: SCRU U then!
Him: Oh Yeah?!?!?
U: OK, really, prove it.
Him: Hm, ok... kerduhhhhh
U: OK, Here.
Him: Not good enough.
U: SCRU U, scammer
Him: I'll tell!
U: Fine... here
Him: U SUX!
U: kerduhhhhhhhh

(both in unison): duh bur buh kaffa kerduhhhhhh

I'd honestly let it drop... You can't satisfy every customer, some you just have to let be disgruntled.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:37 AM

Your laughing at the retarded child (chuckle, chuckle, I know it's totally inappropriate, chuckle, chuckle) removes any lingering doubt about your character.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:16 PM

While I support PSO 100% and it seems PSO has gone completely out of their way to appease Largecents (according to the information he should have never receieved ANYTHING becuase the promotion he wanted to complete was no longer available - try walking into a department store and getting last weeks sales price), they still come off looking bad in this thread, just becuase the adage in the previosuly posted picture holds absolutely true.