Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: You LRR me, so I CRR you back!

I would not 3-bet the flop because I want to keep UTG in the lead. If you hit your hand, you can then check-raise the field. The chance to get 2 extra BB with 95%+ equity is better than 2 extra SB with 56% equity IMO.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would not 3-bet the flop because I want to keep UTG in the lead. If you hit your hand, you can then check-raise the field. The chance to get 2 extra BB with 95%+ equity is better than 2 extra SB with 56% equity IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think the turn ever gets checked through? Also, if I do check raise the turn in a protected pot, UTG may fold, and I might not get his BB. Furthermore, this disguises my hand, so I may induce extra action.

I am not sure if it is correct, but I sure liked it, and hope it is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think the turn ever gets checked through? Also, if I do check raise the turn in a protected pot, UTG may fold, and I might not get his BB. Furthermore, this disguises my hand, so I may induce extra action.

I am not sure if it is correct, but I sure liked it, and hope it is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn may get checked through, but you also may not hit your hand. Also, calling on the flop and check-raising the turn gives you more bluffing equity IMO (it looks like you slowplayed a monster).
Old 12-01-2005, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn may get checked through, but you also may not hit your hand. Also, calling on the flop and check-raising the turn gives you more bluffing equity IMO (it looks like you slowplayed a monster).

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously doubt I am winning this pot by having my opponents fold.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that talking about fold equity in a hand with a limp reraise is pretty silly. Either the guy has a big pair that he is representing OR he plays his hand like he has it so getting folds will be uncommon.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:05 PM

deleted
Old 12-01-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Second, I think the flop equity is so large that you're giving up too much. The hero has 12 outs, he's a 1.2:1 favorite to win by the river. By 3-betting the flop he's getting in an extra BB, of which the hero nets .833 given his odds of winning.

So, 3 betting the flop = +.83BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure this is flawed.

You are giving hero 83% equity, which he doesn't have.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Second, I think the flop equity is so large that you're giving up too much. The hero has 12 outs, he's a 1.2:1 favorite to win by the river. By 3-betting the flop he's getting in an extra BB, of which the hero nets .833 given his odds of winning.

So, 3 betting the flop = +.83BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure this is flawed.

You are giving hero 83% equity, which he doesn't have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh, yea, 1/1.2 = 83%, but it should be 1/2.2 = 45%.

Flop bet is still better EV depend on how you see the odds of a check through or 4-flush hurting you, but it's much closer.

I suck so I deleted my post.