Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 04:47 AM

Default Re: Caro:\"In Poker, Math is MEANINGLESS!\"

Okay, friend, I'm not going to insult you here. I'd just strongly suggest you actually make an argument next time, rather than just stating a conclusion undefended. I defy you to disprove me on reasonable terms.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:51 AM

You're going to have to do better than insult a major to prove a point. I use math almost every day in computer science -- think of game programming. How are you supposed to define an object's position, line of sight, gravity, you name it, without numbers? Literally everything to do with computers can be described with numbers and math.

Give me a reason to take you seriously, please.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:04 AM

"I haven't read the article but I highly doubt Mike Caro is frustrated at being no good at math and poker"

Correct. What he is frustrated about is that the math oriented books that Mason, his former student, puts out, makes Mason at least ten times as much money as Mike's book royalties.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Everyone knows that Computer Science has nothing to do with Math. In fact it might be more appropriate to call the degree a "Fuzzy Logic" degree. Besides everyone also knows that computer scientists are verifiably insane and inane or just plain mundane. That's why they are good at poker, they understand crazy people. Yes, a computer scientist that is good at poker just might prove Caro right. "Psychology is everything."

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're just trying to be a jackass and don't think this is true....and by the way

[ QUOTE ]
(LoL) Oh...MIT... good school, lousy football team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not funny.