Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Flush draw on aaq board

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Raiser is tight TAG capable of folding, CO is LPP will call with any piece of the board.
Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: (6.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

calling a raise folds unimproved on river

Should i have raised the flop to try and represent aces ? It couldv made the draw more expensive though......But with a back d str8 and a near nut fl draw maybe im doing it for value.......
Old 08-17-2005, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Flush draw on aaq board

I don't like your bet here. I think you are often behind &amp; the idiots gave you a free card. Use your free card. I seriously doubt your bet is pushing anyone off their hand enough times to warrant this semi-bluff. When you miss the river &amp; are forced to fold you will be kicking yourself for wasting that extra BB.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:08 AM

Yeah i see what you mean, i dont think any part of the board will fold, but the pot was big so i gave it a go. What about the flop, would you just call there aswell ?
Old 08-18-2005, 12:12 AM

I'd fold this PF.

On the flop I would raise for a free card here. IF he doesn't have an A you are mre than likely going to get your free card.

If he does have AK or AQ he might smooth call your bet and plan on popping the turn.

Depends on the tag.