Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-20-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Re: *TT* rates OOT\'s fashion sense

[ QUOTE ]
Nice color scheme, the problem with Banana Republic clothing is that the fits aren't ideal for the average man, the sweaters often tend to bunch up in the wrong places. Great clothing for a 1-2x special occasion, not so great for repeated use. Essentially its disposable... luckily the price point is made to match.

6 on the *TT* scale.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah some friends have complained about this also regarding banana republic, but their clothes fit me quite well. In fact the main reason I like to shop there is because I know the sizes fit me, and I don't have to try them on (I hate trying on clothes). I agree the price point is attractive especially cuz I buy things during sales/clearance rack. The bad thing is that you aren't very 'original', but I don't really care about that so much.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, is it just me or are all BR's clothes made for tall skinny dudes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tall skinny dudes with pot belleys and big upper arms. Its all out of proportion.

Old 12-20-2005, 09:17 PM

added shoes

shoes 1

I like these as well,

me so metro...

jeans: express
button down: express
sweater: express

decent black leather belt w/annoying large buckle, black casual diesels on the feet.

[ QUOTE ]
I am wearing some American Eagle light blueish jeans that got a huge sewed rip in the seem by my right ankle from not using a rubber band while biking (got caught in the gears) with a plain black belt and silver buckle. I am wearing plain white socks and an out of print (sorry, can't find a link) HUSH records T-shirt that has a red and white screenprint ambulance on it with a boom box instead of a gurney in the back.

If you can't rate this due to lack of pics, just respond saying that and I'll find some T-shirt that does have a pic online

[/ QUOTE ]

I need a pic, preferably one with you in it. An outfit that works great on one person may not be as nice on another.

Old 12-20-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, is it just me or are all BR's clothes made for tall skinny dudes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm a tall skinny dude, and BR stuff looks like pure hell on me. I barely walk into that store anymore between the fits and the prices.

I'm more of a J. Crew/Gap type. Esp. since J. Crew started doing tall sizes.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:24 PM

I'm a little self-conscious about my extended torso and how my hands aren't connected to my body and, instead, hang from my pockets, so go easy on me.

EDIT: Button down: Gap
Sweater: Express
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Old, dirty Chuck Taylors
Old 12-20-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK I picked out something from Bananarepublic.com just to give you a sense of the types of things I would pick out now.

Jeans

sweater

another sweater

dress pants

I don't plan on doing all my shopping at Bananarepublic of course but this gives you an idea so far.

Also I couldn't really find any button down shirts I liked so ill find some and post later

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeans: Close, but you can do better. Look at the crotch, the guy has no package what so ever. If you got it, flaunt it!

Grey sweater: I have a sweater just like this, I only wear it when I'm feeling like [censored]. The band on the bottom ruins the way the sweater hangs, it creates that uncomfortable bunching feeling. A good example of a bad BR sweater.

Natural cashmere sweater: I would assume from the price point that this is not "real" quality cashmere, but the sweater looks nice none and comfortable the less. Notice the difference in the fit between the gray sweater and this one, the obvious winner of the two.

Pants: As long as pants are not pleated, and have a flat front pocket, you can't go wrong with basic black pants.

Items I liked: 6.5 on the *TT* scale

Items I didn't like: 4 on the *TT* scale

PS: for your price point (and the price point of most OOT'ers who are looking for a quality button down shirt that will last) I reccomend Thomas Pink. Diablo might disagree with me here, but for most of you its the best available.

Old 12-20-2005, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
added shoes

shoes 1

I like these as well,

[/ QUOTE ]

The first choice is that chunky look that is so played out, its out of fashion now. I give it a 4 on the *TT* scale

The second choice was a nice affordable option... I like! Ankle high boots, you can't go wrong with them. I give it a *7* on the *TT* scale.