Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2005, 10:52 PM

Default I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

With all the complaints about the customer service at Absolute lately, I thought I'd share my story.

I played at Absolute a lot for a little while and then stopped playing there. They called with the VIP package thing. Some cash, a bonus, freerolls, and a T-shirt. So I made a deposit and was told my shirt would arive in 3-4 weeeks.

After a little over 4 weeks I hadn't received the shirt and sent an e-mail to see if there was a delay. No response. I sent 3 more e-mail before I finally got this back:
[ QUOTE ]
Dear Craig,

I am really sorry about the very late reply; after I received your email I
contacted our marketing department and got a confirmation that is was sent and
after that I emailed our shipper to find out what exactly happened but as of yet
I have not received a reply from them which is why I have been holding on
replying to you; but, I realize that this was a mistake on my part. As soon as I
find out anything I will email you back and let you know. Again, I apologize for
my lack of response to your email.

Sincerely,

Alexandra
Team Absolute ~ VIP Services
"Continuing to be the Best and Most Trusted"
VIP@AbsolutePoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

A week after this I still had not heard back so wrote again and got this back:
[ QUOTE ]
-----Original Message-----
To:
Sent: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:10:06 -0800
Subject: Craig, your stuff is on the way

Your apparel was processed a few weeks ago and sometimes it can take up to six weeks. I apologize, but I personally sent the order to our shipping people for you so I will assure you that it is en route although I cannot give you an exact date or a tracking as it was sent regular mail and the USPS doesn?t do tracking numbers.
You are not dealing with a customer service person anymore, I am the manager of the reward points program and online store. I have just had your matter brought to my attention and you have my personal guarantee that I will expedite matters for you. I don?t like seeing disappointed players, so you have my word that the wheels are in motion.

Take it easy and good luck at the tables,
Andrew

[/ QUOTE ]

Two weeks after this I still had no shirt and had this exchange:
[ QUOTE ]
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 6:05 PM
To: Support@AbsolutePoker.com
Cc: andrew@absolutepoker.com
Subject: Fwd: Craig, your stuff is on the way

My T-shirt: Day 60
see below

To: andrew@absolutepoker.com
Sent: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 19:44:39 -0500
Subject: Re: Craig, your stuff is on the way
My T-shirt day 59.
Hi, please see below for the origanal e-mail exchange I had regarding the T-shirt. Plaese note that I was origanally told, "Please allow us 3-4 weeks for delivery of your merchandise." Well 4 weeks was up 4 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for the T-shirt.

2 weeks ago you told me the order was processed a couple of weeks ago. I still have no shirt and I just realized that you told me the order was processed a couple of weeks ago(which would now be 4 weeks ago). I was told I'd have my shirt 4 weeks ago and that's when the order was processed? You also told me that 2 weeks ago it was en route via the USPS. I completely understand the tendency for the postal service to be slow but they are never this slow.

I guess my question is, will I ever get this t-shirt because I'm starting to seriously doubt it.

Craig

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To:
Sent: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 09:16:20 -0800
Subject: RE: Craig, your stuff is on the way

Please stop sending me your e-mails. You doing this will not magically make you shirt move faster in the mail.

-A

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
To: andrew@absolutepoker.com
Sent: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:07:39 -0500
Subject: Re: Craig, your stuff is on the way

Wow, this is an absolutely fantastic attitude. Thanks for ignoring my other points about how the shirt should have been here 4 weeks ago. It's top notch customer service like this that sets your site apart from the others. I'm posting this exchange on the twoplustwo.com poker website of which I have been an active member for two years. When I find the e-mail address of someone in your organization higher than you they will also be receiving a copy of this. I can assure I will never play on your site again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent this with all the e-mails to the poker room manager.

[ QUOTE ]
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 2:15 PM
To: gian@absolutepoker.com
Subject: Fwd: Craig, your stuff is on the way

I'm very disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Craig,

If it is possible, I am in even more shock than you are. You have my personal guarantee that this employee will shortly no longer be working for Absolute Poker. This was a completely unacceptable response to your inquiries, and I extend my sincerest apologies.

I will also personally arrange for a replacement XL shirt and hat to be sent to you immediately.

Regards,

Gian Perroni
Poker Room Manager
AbsolutePoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

So that's my way too long story. I'm really not proud to get someone fired right before Christmas if he really did get fired. My wife says they probably sit next to each at their desks laughing at my e-mails but maybe someone other than Stars will relaize customer service is important.

Thanks for reading...and I'm still waiting for my shirt.