Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 02:27 AM

Default Re: River action

well you prolly lost to 33 or a5 but dont be results orientated you played the hand well, its a no brainer river bet against a guy who doesnt play well and prolly will call with ak and maybe aq and when he raises i would be shocked most of the time if jj wasnt good. But I think he might have nothing a lot so 3 betting prolly isnt worth it. Bet/call. Standard
Old 11-15-2005, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well you prolly lost to 33 or a5 but dont be results orientated you played the hand well, its a no brainer river bet against a guy who doesnt play well and prolly will call with ak and maybe aq and when he raises i would be shocked most of the time if jj wasnt good. But I think he might have nothing a lot so 3 betting prolly isnt worth it. Bet/call. Standard

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Did you read the board? [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 08:20 AM

Default Re: river

gotta be a check-call really, hasn't it? he's going to bluff far more hands than he'll call on this river and it avoids the situation of being pushed off ur hand on the river if u simply bet out, and u get to see a showdown when he bluffs into u so u gain some more player info on him, and if u play with this player a lot it might be useful.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never played with him before, but he does have his shirt open to reveal a gold chain and a hairy chest, which I enjoy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely awesome.

I'd bet/call the river.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
villain here is very aggro (he 3bet an EP raise from me earlier with 66.) I have never played with him before, but he does have his shirt open to reveal a gold chain and a hairy chest, which I enjoy.

[/ QUOTE ]

The hairy chest no, the raise sometimes and the chain for 29 years, yeah. But I've never been to MN and probably never will be. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Against this type of opponent, I think sometimes checking that river isn't that bad. It seems like any time you take your foot off the accelerator with a good hand it's weak tight, regardless of the situation.

With marginal hands that are easily released it's always an easy bet. But with better hands you'll pay off with, I think it's ok sometimes to take a breath, give him some rope for a chance at the lead and see what he's been calling and maybe riding you with.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hmm... very aggro. wouldn't he find a raise with a flush draw on the flop or more likely the turn? maybe he wants to see the showdown with a pair, i think i would bet river and win

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds about right to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking along these lines as well, value bet IMHO.
Did you get his number later so you can check out his "gold chain" in person later?
Old 11-15-2005, 12:59 PM

I think you're usually losing here. But a player like you're describing is not above bluff-raising your 'obvious' big ace hand.

There's enough in the pot to look him up, and remember what he looked like when he raised so you can be more accurate in your river play in the future.

Bet/call.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Did you read the board? [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes
Old 11-15-2005, 03:17 PM

Def a call. Could be something like AK/AQ with A of diamonds bluffing hoping you'll fold a pair. I can't see someone that aggro not raising the flop or turn with a huge draw.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:30 PM

I'd check call this river, and hope villain bets at it with AK, because he wasnt calling a bet most likely, so, let him bet it and just call. Also, IMO this looks like AK or QQ here, most likely AK.